Chapter 37

Thor pressed his fingers to his temples and gently massaged it, trying to quell the headache forming. It did not do much other than pain his already sensitive fingers. 

Writing, erasing, underlining hundreds of thousands of documents and paperwork made his fingers feel like they had their own workout session and his head as if they were exercising there. 

He loved every part of being a warrior, but a Prince? Nope. He'd rather train for days than sit behind a desk and sign important laws. But he was still grateful. Not everyone was born surrounded by wealth. 

He continued his journey to Persia's room, seeking the ever present warmth which surrounded her. A simple touch from her was all he was after. He'd never had someone who he would look forward to meeting after a hard day and thinking of Percy always made him giddy.

Even Odin was surprised by Thor's concentration earlier that day. He'd never ask something, or even suggest measure but when the king saw his son making a genuine effort he was mildly surprised and mainly confused.

What he did not know was that Thor was afraid of what his fiancee would say if she got to know that he slacking off. The Avengers had enough experience dealing with the consequences when they did not give their hundred percent into something and he really wanted his fiancee and not the Avenger's trainer to greet him.

So there he was, a strut in his step, his chest puffed up in pride as he knocked on Persia's door. Minutes passed, each second thinning his cheek-splitting grin. Getting anxious, he cautiously opened the door, alarmed to see that it was unlocked.

He rushed in, his body working on its own, scanning the huge room within seconds. His fingers trembles and body shook with adrenaline as he saw a bundle next to her bed, curled into a ball.

Persia's lean frame was hunched into itself, making her seem smaller than she is. She was in the fetal position, her head tucked into her body her hands defending her mind from the non-existing attacks. Her hair was a mess sprawled around her like a halo and her dress was dirty.

His heart broke, seeing her like that. For once in his life, he did not know what to do. She looked so fragile. So fragile that he feared he would break her if her even touched her.

Slowly he approached her, using soft steps not to startle her and crouched next to her. He put 2 finger under her chin and gently persuaded her to lift her head up. She refused at first, keeping her head steady but after soft squeeze and a silent request from Thor, she lifted her head and met his eyes. 

The first thing he noticed was the heavy bags under her eyes. Heavy, purple bags. She looked exhausted. Not in the way your muscles ache and you just want to sleep, no. This kind of exhaustiveness came from fighting battles in the mind, from fighting the most intrusive of enemies. It was a mental battle.

A battle which she seemed to have lost.