Chapter 42

"WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS HAPPENING HERE?"

The rage and disbelief in the single question shook all of the Asgardian to their core. They had never heard such a powerful, scary voice in their lives. It was so oppressive that they hesitated to even look up at the intruder.

But it wasn't the case for the royal family, nor Persia, whose face had drained of color. Her painted lips stood out in heavy contrast against her chalky skin as she looked at her father.

Her father, who looked ready to murder everyone, and then, murder them again.

Poseidon was at the huge double doors, heaving, his eyes flashing a million colors. He looked terrifying, his usual casual outfit replaced with heavy armor and leather pants. He looked completely beside himself, seething with a burning hatred.

His once calm sea-green orbs had turning into an enraged sea, an enraged sea with fire dancing in between.

Despite her pale demeaner she stood straight as arrow, and pushed back her shoulders. The fact that their was a rather very angry god looking straight at her did not prevent her from keeping her feet steady and eyes hard.

"What happened, Dad?" 

There were gasps, muted and stifled, afraid to draw attention to themselves. They, at first had no idea who the man was, but the were knowledgeable enough to know who Persia's father was. And it scared them.

"My daughter...the saviors of Olympus...heroine of the Greek world...has to prove herself worthy of your...your 'little god of thunder'?"

The last bit spit out like it was something sour in his mouth. He did not shout, but the low volume and forced calm terrified them even more. They could always deal with an irrational god, but a steady-minded one? The one who is able to think and make rational decision? That was even more horrifying. 

He took visible deep breaths and moved forward, directly towards his daughter, who looked at him with a gaze heavier than any philosopher. At her side was Thor, who stood beside her expressionless, close but untouching. His parents meanwhile were also standing, but were not bothered to mask their fear.

"Lord, please calm down-" 

"Calm down?! Did we ask for you son to participate in a dammed competition to prove him worthy of someone who, obviously, is more worthy than all of you put together?! Did we force this alliance on you? You chose my daughter, let me remind you, Odin, she did not chose you." He roared, his words hitting like blows, making them bleed.

"Dad, stop. Just...stop." Percy whispered. She had not shown any emotion, but her hearing her father, her voice cracked. He didn't seem to hear her, or ignored her. She was too good, too pure to be subjected to this.

"And after all of this, we were not even informed about this. Chaos is reigning on Midgard. Where is Thor's mysterious fiancée? Where did they disappear? And here you are, making her participate Bridal tests. Tests to prove her worthy of your 'oh-so-precious prince'"

"Should I tell you what my daughter has done?! Should I tell you of her feats, how worthy she is?!"

Never had Odin looked so scared and Frigga so ashamed. Never had Thor felt so unworthy. Never had the citizens of Asgard felt so ignorant. 

"Dad, stop!" She cried out and moved between her father and Odin, at whom he was shouting. Tears sprung from her eyes as she looked at her father. "Please, stop!"

"No, Persia, I will not! This is not right. The only reason I haven't torn down this place is because you love him. If he cannot fight for you, then I refuse to let you fight for him." 

He said, plain and simple. To Thor, the words hit home, deep, deeper than anything ever had. He felt like he was being torn apart by every word the sea god was saying.

"Dad, calm yourself, and please go outside. I will, along with the royal family, will meet you there in 10 minutes." Percy's voice rang clear through the hall. It was calm and authoritative, despite the tears rolling down her face. She had gripped the table she was standing over with white knuckles, but was starting straight at her father with a determined expression.

"Please, dad." She pleaded when he didn't move a muscle. Finally after hearing his daughters plea, he shifted his eyes from a scared Odin to her own, the roaring seas turning into pools of concern for her. He gave her a once-over and gave a small tilt of the head, acknowledging her words and power-walked outside, his armor clanging with every step.

As soon as he left, a unnoticed tension left the room and audible exhales of air were released, but it wasn't over yet.

"Thank you for your time. It was lovely to meet you even though it was a short period of time. I will have some of the staff members escort you back, and have a good night." Persia smiled at them, her voiced to the brim with warmth.

It seemed to make them forget for a minute as they relaxed and got up, understanding the dismissal. It was awe-inspiring for the royal family to see her take 180 and resume the role of a host so easily.

They trickled out of the hall, moving rather fast, fear making their movement unlike the grace of the nobility. Once everyone left, she turned to the royal family, her eyes lacking any emotion.

"Lets attend to out uninvited guest, shall we? Oh, and try not to make him angry, the rubble caused by earthquakes are hard to clear."