Chapter 29

Does anyone else continuously expect a pet on their birthday even after decades of waiting...?
This is to all the people who are animal lovers but have parents who don't want them.

Our lives is hard.

***

Percy was currently hanging out with her friends, just roaming across the streets, talking and chatting. After the war, everyone took their own paths meeting together very rarely, but the bond they had was too strong. They always managed to fall back in to their old rhythms, even after dyeing and coming back. 

To everyone else, they looked like a simple group of  students from collage or high school, but if they looked closely they would see the daggers on their belts, swords on their hips, quivers on shoulders, but thank the gods for the mist, they looked like skateboards and basketballs or even water bottles.

It was a little something they had arranged, just to relax and chill, without worrying about the end of the world. It was a weird feeling for them to not look over their shoulders continuously,  but still the demigod in them didn't allow them to leave their hands off their weapons.

Even then, they were having a wonderful time teasing Frank about the iguana and handcuffs incident. Nostalgia was hitting all of them hard, but none so much as Persia. All of them had a similar, laid-back lifestyle now, but it seemed that it was only Percy whose life had taken a whole 180 turn. But still she wouldn't trade places with anyone, Thor was hers.

Thinking about how her life had changed, she continued walking with her friends, who had found a park and were gathered under a tree. They sat down right on the grass and relaxed holding a comfortable silence.

"Hey! Is that Magnus?!" Leo exclaimed, pointing at the other end of the park where, indeed, Magnus Chase was seated with a particular green haired Alex. "Ah, yes, I forgot to tell you! They both are staying at my place, just a holiday or break, I think." Annabeth said, facepalming.

"So are they together yet?" Piper asked. "Yup! They finally got together!" Annabeth said, and smiled wide. "Good. They've been been driving everyone nuts!" Persia said, speaking for everyone.

They looked back at where the duo was and saw the cutest sight. Both of them were cuddling, their backs to a tree, totally unaware of the seven pair of eyes on  them. "We shouldn't disturb them.." Hazel squeaked out. Everyone agreed so they relaxed back and just enjoyed the soft breeze on their faces, still thinking of their 2 friends who finally, finally got together.

***

Meanwhile at the Avengers tower, Tyr, the god responsible for all political treaty's was talking with Thor, informing him about Odin's orders. Thor was visible upset at the news, but had no choice since his father demanded their presence, so he sent Tyr back and thought of a way to explain all of this to his fiancee.

He had no idea that his father was going to force Persia to participate in the Bridal tests. It wasn't any hard tests, he was confident that Percy could do them, but the problem was that she hated being forced to do something. He knew she was already angry with the gods for this whole marriage fiasco, but if she were forced to participate in the tests, she might just do something both parties may regret. 

So he sat there, trying to think a way out of all of this. But he know one thing, he was not going to force Persia. Ever.