Chapter 14

"We go to a summer camp where we are taught self-defense" Persia said, trying to sound as convincing as possible. Unfortunately, their unimpressed faces told her that she was anything but that.

"We had a hard childhood so we trained more, that is why we are good." Annabeth said. Percy had to give her that. It was smart of her to use the sympathy card so that they would forget about it.

It did work, but not as much as she hoped. "Can you show use some moves?" Natasha asked them. She must have wanted to ask that question for a long time, it seemed, because she had been hinting at it for a while now.

Immediately Annabeth shot Percy a fleeting look which she immediately understood. "Um, no, we shouldn't..." she started but Thor apparently had a different idea.

At the same time Persia had spoken, he spoke in a loud voice, drowning Percy's uncertain words. "Of course she will! She is a great fighter! I bet she could-OW!" his voice was cut off as Percy stepped on leg, not gently.

"Fine then, maybe I could show my moves on you!" Percy said and without waiting for his reply, she asked tony where the gym was and dragged him there, his face being priceless. 

Meanwhile Annabeth was facepalming at the couple and internally snicker at Thor who looked completely fear-stricken.

***

Natasha was really looking forward to seeing the girls fight. She had tried to conceal her emotions, but she was just too eager. 

She knew that the girls were really good fighters. It was told by the littlest of things they did, like the controlled grace they possessed or whether it may be their relaxed, but alert posture.

She also wanted to fight them. she had trained to get better after the war, and now no one could last against her. She hoped that they would provide some sort of competition other than the arrogant agents or untrained newbies.

But she also wanted to see why Thor was so scared. Percy couldn't be that good to beat a god, could she? It was a question which was going to be answered in an illustrative form, it seemed, as Percy stood across Thor and got into a fighting stance.

Thor who was very pale, also got into his own fighting stance and hefted Mjölnir. Percy just looked at it and shrugged, "May I see it? I would like to check the balance. I remember Leo making something like this" she told him. 

Before they could warn her that she wouldn't be able to lift it, Thor handed her the hammer without batting an eye. All of them waited for the thud signaling that the hammer fell down, but it never came.