Chapter 55

"Are you sure you want to go through this?" Frigga asked. "No one will think any less of you if you don't." The Queen proceeded to placed her hands on hers, her cold fingers curling around her elbows.

"I'm sure," Her eyes staring right into hers, the fire of determination burning bright in the sea. Frigga arched an eyebrow, but as surprised the action was, she knew it was a facade.

"Then go, my warrior, and show them who the princess of Asgard will be."

***

Her fingers buckled her armor, teasing the calluses which had formed after years of the same action. She had refused the armor which Frigga gave her, claiming that it was too tight for her. It was believable considering her slight form, but when in reality, Percy just wanted to wear hers. A full Greek armor, illuminating her heritage.

Her mind went to the first time she'd wore armor. It had been capture the flag.  Annabeth had helped her the first time, tugging and pulling roughly until she was clad into a size larger than she was. She had hated the daughter of Poseidon, but still helped her, unkindly as it may be. And after that, she had worn her armor enough to navigate her way through all the buckles and straps with ease, finishing quick enough to watch the other girls who were about to fight her.

She could see them eyeing her, trying to gauge out her weakness or maybe even criticizing her, but the veteran knew enough to know that they were afraid, intimidated even. There were about 15 girls, all eager in their own way. Some were ladies, pinpointed by their soft hands and delicate braids and some were hardened warriors, surefooted and fit. But determined, all  of them.

Her ADHD had already scrutinized them enough so she decided to relax, knowing that since she was fighting all of them, she was going to need her strength. But she was going to take advantage of her rest as well.

She chose a pillar in plain sight, and sat down, looping an arm around a knee and stretching the other leg in front of her. She went a extra mile and rested her head back; the image of relaxation, cockiness even. As she suspected, hackles raised and sneers presented.

The place was strategic, making it impossible for anyone to ignore. No matter when the contests were seated, they had a clear view of her confidence. Even the royal family.

They were seated in a makeshift pavilion diagonally to her, the flat hall not allowing them to flourish their riches. Just diagonal to her, Thor was present, and if she was right, being flanked by a lot of female attention.

Her pride didn't allow her to look at him, but nonetheless it amused her to see him trying to get her attention. He had been trying different methods, subtly asking her if she was ready. Day after day, stunt after stunt, she felt her walls slipping, giggling more and more. But not today. Today she was relaxed and poised, confidence oozing from her.

But in a moment of weakness she glanced his way, and met his bright eyes. She smirked and winked, laughing silently with him.