Chapter 25

Percy expected things to go downhill after she decided to recklessly kiss Thor. But it seemed to have done the opposite. They had grown closer and more intimate in the following days, sharing little kisses here and there or a playful nibble on the ear. Honestly, Persia was enjoying every bit of the attention she was getting from the usually awkward warrior.

Training was also going smoothly, the avengers were being trained as hard as ever. Percy had made it very clear in the beginning that even though they were engaged, that would not come in the way of training. Thor knew that it was only fair, but still he couldn't help but feel disappointed when he could not kiss the frown away from her face. In training they were but student and teacher.

So just like that they were in a middle of a session where Persia was teaching them how to splint and make a cast, in case they broke a bone or so during an emergency. It was extremely useful and the fact that Percy was in an unusually bad mood made sure that all of them were paying close attention. 

Suddenly, in a bright flash of light Loki flashed in, startling everyone except Percy who had already dispatched a dagger with perfect precision. Sooner than anyone could react, a bronze dagger was right above his head, almost giving Loki a haircut.

While Loki was trying to recover for the shock, Percy had swiftly got up and placed her hand in her pocket, and was in her relaxed fighting stance, all done in her usual show of grace and lightness. "What do you want, God?" she asked, her voice steady but still somehow threatening. It was enough to give anyone the chills even if they were not at the receiving end.

"Calm down, love. That is my brother." Thor quickly said, trying to make sure that his brother would still have a head. "Oh" she said flustered, and quickly ran up to him to remove the dagger above him. "Sorry about that..."She trailed off unsure of what to say.

"It is fine, lady Persia." Loki said, clutching his thumping heart and putting on his charming mask. Persia was glad that he did not mind. She was just wired to expect the worse when a bright light flashes, and usually her body acts faster than her mind. She was just relieved that she had not aimed a few inches lower.

"Hello, brother! I was not expecting you till next week!" Thor exclaimed, looking confused but happy at him. "Ah, yes, about that....maybe we could talk later?" He answered, a familiar pain in his eyes. A pain which she could recognized anywhere. A pain of regret which she saw every time when she dreamt of the blue-eyed son of Hermes.

It seemed as if Thor saw it as well, because he rushed to answer, "Of course! That will not be a problem." Now Persia had a few questions. She had head about how Loki was with the enemy and something like that, but the Avengers were not reacting as expected. The most she saw was mild hostility. 

She needed answers, and she needed them soon. "We will continue tomorrow. Dismissed!" she said, looking at the confused Avengers. They wanted answers to her quick dismissal, but knew better than to question her when she was in a bad mood, so they quickly turned and left. 

Then she turned to the pair of brothers. "May I have a word with you two?" She said, her eyes not betraying her thoughts. She could see them visible tense, which spoke volumes to her. Without waiting for a answer, she glided across the room, expecting them to follow.

A/N- I sincerely apologize for the delay. A lot has been going on at my home and in India, it is a festive season so.....sorry!
Also, PM/DM me if you have an idea or criticism regarding my book. I am open to any suggestions and I would love to put in your ideas!

Please message me you ideas and not comment because it is really hard for me to keep track of them. Those who have already given me some wonderful ideas, please could you message them to me?
Thank you!