Chapter 21

Today, for once, Percy was the one being dragged instead of the Avengers. 

Tony was supposed to attend a huge formal party at some rich guy's place and the host had insisted that the avengers team and their partners should also attend.

What Persia did not know was that the Avengers didn't only fight but had to make public appearances as well, and that they wanted her to come!

She really did not want to go, but apparently as the 'trainer' of the avengers, she was obliged to go, not to mention she was marring one of them. She still wasn't sure whether to tell the people about their engagement, not to mention the questions she would get after telling them.

But it had to be done sooner or later, so she grudgingly agree. Though she hated the idea of going to a formal party, the glee on Thor's face when she agreed was very cute.

After she had told Thor about telling the public, she had wanted to discuss how it would be done, but he had just waved her off and insisted that he himself would handle it. She still wasn't too sure, but he seemed very eager so she left him to it. 

Now came the part of the dress. She really did not want to wear one, but as Natasha told her, there were many reason why she would have to wear something good. She was going to be introduced as the trainer of the avengers and fiancee of Thor, so she was going to be judged very harshly.

She didn't care much about what people thought about her, but she also didn't want to take the avengers with her when she drowned, so she agreed to let Natasha help, who surprisingly claimed that she had a good sense of style.

So now there she was, getting dragged by Natasha even though she had agreed to have the spy's help. She knew she was supposed to be the mature one but currently, acting all sweet in front of the cameras seemed like a very, very bad idea.

Unfortunately, everyone disagreed, and the black-haired beauty grudgingly admitted defeat. She was forced into Natasha's room where she sat grumpily on the red-heads bed.

After a lot of shuffling in her closet, Natasha emerged with a few dresses which she showed the teen, one by one. 

Most of them were black and tight, completely Natasha's style, but a few were soft and bright which she really liked. Finally one caught her eye. It was a gorgeous dress, which looked a bit Greek-themed. She liked it.

It had a white top with a halter-neck and it flowed till the ground with layers or tulle. It wasn't bright or gaudy, but was very elegant with a soft grey color which bled into the long, white skirt. It had some gold vines and leaves at the waist which gave it a Greek style. 

She tried it on, hoping that it would fit her properly, and it did

She tried it on, hoping that it would fit her properly, and it did. When she came out of Natasha's bathroom, she saw Natasha herself wearing a a beautiful black dress. It seemed to be a two-piece number which had a slit up to her thigh which showed a lot of her leg.

 It seemed to be a two-piece number which had a slit up to her thigh which showed a lot of her leg

"Hey! What do you say, Nat?" She called, trying to get the assassins attention. She had her back toward her and was doing her makeup. "You look wonderful." She said, looking at her up and down. "Not too bad yourself." she teased.

After they choose their dresses, Natasha had forced her into a chair as she hovered over the complaining girl as she did her make up. Persia had made the avenger promise not to do a lot, but was still skeptical as she ran brushes and paints on her face.

She also had requested her not to do anything to her hair, because it naturally was set in a way that resembled waves. Thankfully she agreed and just put two sections of the hair on the sides and twisted them into a knot at the back of her head to prevent hair troubling her the entire night. The rest of her hair was left free as it tumbled to her hips.

Finally they both were ready after Natasha did a loose side-braid to her hair and finished off her makeup. They were a bit late so Persia did not a chance to look into the mirror, but it wasn't a problem for her because she trusted Nat completely.

They quickly put on some footwear, Natasha choosing to wear high heels and Percy grabbing some plain white sandals. They rushed out to the car which would take them to the party. The boys had left earlier and so did Pepper, so only the duo was in the car.

They made only a little small talk because Percy was buzzing with nerves. She was anxious of the public's reaction and what Thor had planned. Her instincts were also going crazy, as they got nearer and nearer to the host's mansion.

Her gut was telling her that something was going to wrong. Very wrong.