Chapter 16

Thor's P.O.V

At first the idea seemed alien but when I thought about it, it made perfect sense. This is what Persia is good at! 

I had heard tales of her leadership and the way she trained and taught the demigods at camp half-blood. If she could flawlessly handle hundreds of demigods then a group of adults should be a piece of cake, even though the avengers had the mentality of a 4 year-old sometimes.

But nevertheless, I was sure that it would be a great idea for Percy to spend time with the superheroes, and also it would immensely help the avengers, because there would be no better trainer they could find.

But not everyone seemed to agree. Tony seemed outraged at the thought of a teenager ordering them around and even Steve looked baffled. It must have hard for the super soldier to accept that there could be another leader.

But most of them seemed fine by it. And that was good. If she were to accept it would be very nice to see Percy here more often. 

But would she accept? I looked at her, trying to draw out as much as I could, but her face seemed void of any thoughts. Her mask was better than Natasha's but it was no secret that she was thinking hard inside.

After a while and a few words with Annabeth, she agreed, and almost immediately her mood switched from being carefree and sassy to strict and commanding. 

"So I know some of you are not fond of the idea of me as your trainer, but I have something to give so the choice is yours if you want to take it, or leave it. You may think that I am not qualified, but believe me I've seen worse than you and I can potentially save you from seeing more horrors than you've already faced.

"What I have observed till now, is that you all don't have a lot of cooperation in between yourselves, nor are you alert of your surrounding. All of you are arrogant and over-confident which may be enough to kill you.

"We will be working on these little things as well as your fitness, slowly and gradually, and I expect your full cooperation. I may joke around at times, but I will remind you again, that take this seriously and it may save your life more times than you can count."

She finished her little speech and looked at every avengers in the eyes to portray the seriousness of her words. When her eyes met mine, I was temporarily overwhelmed by the sheer authority and capability they held. 

It was kind of alarming for them to see her immediately assume her role without any hesitation and do so well. She had efficiently shut tony up, and perfectly put her point across in a manner which was not offensive or threatening. She also said it in such a tone which was gentle but firm, leaving to room for any argument.

We were definitely in good hands.