Chapter 43

They walked in awkward silence, still in their ceremonial clothes. Percy knew that it was what was keeping them calm, but she itched to say something, anything.  

She hated how lost Thor looked. She knew her fathers words must have cut deep, but his haunting eyes which were unable to meet hers almost broke her heart. 

Her thick dress dragged on the cold marble, weighing her down like the anticipation of going past the doors. It was funny how her hair was still tame, it seemed like the chaos affected her everywhere. She had expected to look frazzled, her hair wild and appearance crazy,  but then she realized that the churning sea was only within.

She expected her father to be fuming, raging like he was moment before, but it was not so. Instead he had his head in his hands and was hunched over the edge of a fountain, curving his body into himself. But he was not alone.

There was a woman standing next to her father, a rather familiar woman with her hair tucked into a Indian shawl and a warm smile upon her face. She had a hand on her father's shoulder and was rubbing soothing circles on back.

She should have figured it was her influence. Her father wouldn't have been as calm as he was now. But calm wasn't the way to describe him,  she though, it was more...defeated. She immediately knelt in front of her, an action she rarely used. 

"Lady Hestia. Welcome," she said as she bend her head, her skirts fanning across her like an ocean. 

"Rise, my little warrior." She said, a fond, motherly tone. Her face reflected the smile on Persia's face, explaining their relationship. And the fact that Percy, whose norm is a simple tilt of the head, to kneel in front of her, spoke louder than any words.

Realizing that she was who Percy greeted her as, Frigga immediately curtsied, and elbowed Odin and Thor to do the same. 

"Please do not fuss, I require no such formalities." She said with a smile despite how displeased she was, noticing the flustered gods. She was not in her usual form of a little girl, but rather a middle-aged woman. She was not particularly beautiful, but all thoughts of her features were forgotten when they met her eyes. 

They were not an exquisite color, not a bright blue or a dark green, but a simple common brown. But they were beautiful. Not a beauty which hits you like a truck and strikes your heart, no. It was a beauty which cocooned you in a blanket and soaked into you like heat. They were a honey brown framed with thick lashes, with the reflection of coals and flames in them.

But even thought those eyes were calm and kind, there was a sheen of disappointment shining bright. It was no secret that the Olympians were angry with them, it was rather thrown to them than told, but anger was one thing. 

Her disappointment hit them differently than Poseidon's anger. They had felt fear, pure, simple fear but now, nothing could make them feel worse.

Hestia had moved back to her brothers side, and was whispering soothing words in his ear. She had done her damage with just a glance, but she needed to prevent more of it. And she knew her brother would regret it later, so she let loose an aura of calm and let it work its charm.

In the corner of her eyes, she saw Percy pick herself up and flop on the opposite side of the fountain. She motion for her fiancé to join her and with a fractured gaze, Thor sat beside her. She could see him stutter out something like an apology, and Percy continuously reassuring him.

Poor Odin was shocked still, and Frigga was mummering to him in quiet voices. They both were displeased, she could see that, and ashamed. That was good. She was fiercely protective over her niece and felt that she was being disrespected. 

"I don't want Percy to go." Her brother said. And she knew exactly what he was talking about. 

"But its Percy, I don't think she'll let us go that easily." She smiled wide, and saw the corners of her brother's lips lift.