Chapter 17

No one would admit it, but they were looking forward to the training with Percy. As much as they didn't like her, she had won them over with her sense of humor and sarcastic remarks. It was a refreshing change for all of them to laugh and relax instead of being serious and business-like all the time.

Percy's warm personality and naturally calm and trusty aura could win anyone over. So it wan't a surprise for Annabeth when it took the avengers less than a day to start being fond of the black-haired vixen. 

She was just waiting to see whether they would still like her the same, after training.

There was no doubt in Annabeth's mind that Percy was a good commander or trainer, it was just that she was very strict and the avengers didn't seem to be disciplined at all. 

Percy did seem very easy-going and spontaneous, but in reality she was very disciplined and smart. She was not book smart, but she was very good at battle strategies and understanding people. 

It was one of the reasons why she was a really good leader. Anyone who had met her, almost immediately trusted her and would follow her in battle anywhere. 

Annabeth just hoped that the avengers understood that Percy was not a joke. The sooner they understood that, the longer they would survive with her as their trainer.

***

"Today we will begin with meditation." Percy announced as she strode inside the training room. She had requested Annabeth to join her because she really wanted to see the avengers pant and beg. 

Quite malicious of her, but she needed some entertainment in her life. And what better way than seeing the misery of her fiance's family?

Persia stopped in the middle of the huge room and took in the avengers. At least they were smart enough to dress in sports attire. 

She saw the confused expressions on their faces. She internally sighed. She could see Thor snickering in the corner of the room, awaiting the scolding that followed. But she wasn't here to give them a show.

"Did you all really think that this was only going to be push-ups and jumping-jacks? I promised you guys that I will make you guys better in everything, not only fitness, so get on with it." she made a shooing gesture with her hands. 

She had made sure to keep her tone light so that they would not consider it as a scolding and get offended again, but the seed was already planted.

"And meditation will help us so much, right?" Tony said his voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Precisely." she answered, completely ignoring his thick coating of sarcasm on top. "Meditation is basically ridding yourself of your thoughts, so in fights, it helps you to stay focused. It also makes you aware of your surroundings, which you currently are not."

It was hilarious for Thor to see his betrothed chide his teammates like children and scold them. But because of her natural authoritative aura and the obedience she demanded, all the avengers listened to her. Even tony grudgingly sat down and closed his eyes.

"Are you just going to observe?" Persia's  piercing eyes met his. He couldn't figure out if it were a genuine question or if it were her way of telling him that he should meditate as well. He figured that it was most likely option one so he relaxed again.

"Yes, it is amusing to watch them act like children." he chuckled. He immediately knew he had made a mistake when her eyes darkened and her voice lowered, "You feel that you are better than them? You do not need training? You are completely aware of you surroundings?" she fired at him.

Now he knew for sure that these were rhetorical questions. So without wasting time he quickly grabbed a mat like the others and meditated for an hour, with his fiancee's gaze burning at the back of his neck.