Chapter 27

"That went well." Thor said, as he casually moved from his corner, from where he was observing his betrothed and brother. He moved slowly, but surely, never letting his eyes stray from the sly vixen. She too seemed to be perfectly captured by his blue-grey orbs as he moved like a snake, teasing her.

"Ah, yes." She said as she watched him come stand in front of her leaving a generous distance in between them. "He reminds me of one of my friends." She continued, her eyes losing the playful spark, instead taking on a sheen of pain.

"I could not save Luke, but I will save my brother." She whispered. It seemed as if it were intended for her ears only, because when Thor closed the distance in between them to gather her in his arms, she flushed a deep red, but did not loose the fiery determination in her eyes. 

"Yes, you will, my love." He spoke with perfect conviction, still cradling her in his arms. Hearing his words, she relaxed completely and let him console her. She had always been in the position to hide her pain from others, the one to lend her shoulder, but since she met Thor, she found herself a great man to love and a shoulder to lean on as well.

They stayed in the same way, standing, with her cheek pressed to his chest and his chin resting on her head, but after a while she shifted, leaning back a bit, her playful mood back. Feeling her soft body move away from his, he grunted, obviously not pleased to loose her comforting warmth. Hearing the soft noise, she stifled a laugh, instead giving him a sultry wink in return.

Thor was not surprised at all. He had gotten used to his fiancee's mood swings and had learnt in the very beginning not to question them. He had observed that she was the sea itself, who can change from soft, calm waters to raging waves in seconds. So this time as well, he just went along with it, the painful topic of Luke temporarily forgotten. 

Deciding to do something to distract her from the heavy topics, and make her laugh, he did the only reasonable thing left to do. He tickled her. But he tickled her in way that only a couple could.

Before long, he had gotten Persia giggling, as he nibbled on her ear, tickling her. "Stop! Oh my gods, stop, it tickles! Thoooor!" She shrieked trying to avoid his harmless attacks as she wriggled and squirmed in his arms. Finally she got an opening where she twisted her body so that he was behind her, and it the heat of the moment, she pulled off an Annabeth. She judo-flipped him. 

She flipped him in such a way that he landed right on the bed, so that he wouldn't get hurt. He was left dazed as Persia laughed hard, unable to control herself. Thor, though in return tried to look angry, but the love he felt for her managed to shine bright in his eyes. 

Seeing the passion in his eyes, Persia too was overcome by her love for the man. She leaned over him, her loose hair falling like waves on either side of them, and caressed his face, her soft hands touching his strong jaw, his blonde locks, his soft lips. He let her, enjoying her touch as she ran her fingers through his long hair.

Seeing the beauty right over him, so tantalizing close was too much for the warrior, so he closed the distance between them and kissed  her hard, pouring all of his passion and love  for her in that one kiss. 

In  the end, that was all she wanted. A few tears, a few laughs, a few kisses. That was all she wanted in her life, and that was what Thor gave her.

He gave her love.