Chapter 8

Percy was walking along the road, her long hair swaying behind her after every step. She wanted to have a breath of fresh air to clear her wandering thoughts so she decided to go out for a cup of ice-cream. 

She also called Annabeth because it had a few days since she had last seen her and she really needed to talk to someone. She went inside the shop, eyes scanning for a familiar blonde head and grey eyes, but to no avail. She then quickly went forward and asked the boy behind the counter for her blueberry ice-cream. 

His eyes scanned her up and down and finally met her eyes, "Hey, pretty lady, how about we go someplace cozy, eh?" He smirked. 

He expected her to rush into his arms but instead she just sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. "Listen, boy," she spat, "shut your mouth and give me my ice-cream before I decide that your a waste of space and clear up that problem." she said and tapped her foot impatiently as he fumbled with her treat, too scared to even reply.

When she finally got her ice-cream she went and sat down in a corner, waiting for her bestie to join her. Annabeth soon entered and went to order her own ice-cream. 

The same guy tried to make a move her too, but unfortunately he got a worse reaction from Annabeth. She sweetly swayed towards him, and reached up to kiss him, but instead a kiss he got judo-flipped and punched in the ribs. 'Maybe the Hunters of Artemis were rubbing off on us' she thought as she replayed the situation in her head.

"Hey Wise Girl!" Percy greeted her friend and hugged her. "Seaweed Brain!" she managed to say between her bone- crushing grip. She let her go and said, "Nice judo-flip, though you shouldn't have punched him..." Annabeth simply smirked and sat and gestured for her to sit too.

"So, how are you? How's camp? Everyone fine? Are you-" Percy was cut of by Annabeth's laugh. "Calm down, Percy! Everyone is fine, though Chiron was saying-" Now she was cut off by a loud, beeping alarm.

Immediately, both of them exchanged looks, conversing silently like they always did. In a flash Percy tied her hair in high ponytail and took out riptide from her pocket, while Annabeth had scanned the shop for any signs of monsters. After seeing nothing, the duo moved out of the shop, trying to wriggle their way past the panicking crowd. 

On the road, was no other Percy's old buddy. "Hey, ground beef! Lookie here!" she yelled. She could see Annabeth face-palming at her 'as- usual- impulsive- and- reckless- behavior' but that was always her plan and she wasn't going to betray her seaweed brain so, what did she do? 

She charged straight at the Minatour, ignoring the group of superheroes, standind at the side, who had come to 'save the day'. They wanted to intervene, but were completely thrown off by her yelling and charging and were just left standing there as she turned him into gold dust.