Chapter 36

"I...lose him?" She still could not comprehend the words which Frigga spoke. Three words. Simple three words, common eight letters echoed in Persia'a mind, weighing her down till she could no longer get up. 

She felt as if she were drowning, drowning in her own fear. This was now a familiar feeling. A despised, hated, unwanted feeling, but familiar. Going into war, there is an unspoken promise, a silent vow to protect the ones you love. This was similar. She had to do her best, otherwise the consequence will again steal someone dear to her. The only difference was that this was not war. 

She pressed the palms of her hands to her eyes, a calm relaxing gesture she had seen her mother often do when stressed. Immediately darkness blinded her and warmth flooded her. For a moment she forgot all about what she had dived into, instead just lying in her bed, letting the warm mattress envelop her.

That was all she need to gather her wits. A moment of silence. A moment where her head is not screaming obscenities and her brain is not repeating the harsh reality of the world. 

She got up and rolled her neck, her mind more active than usual. She needed to focus. Without further ado she began warming up, the simple routine everyone did at camp. Just doing the effortless exercises made nostalgia hit her like a punch to the gut.

She had been so caught up in the complications of Thor and herself that she hadn't a chance to go home. 

She had been too distracted to recognize the massive pressure in her chest, the heavy weight in her gut. The homesickness hit her in full force, making her long for the smell of strawberries in her guest quarters and hear the clop-clop of the satyrs hooves in her tilled room. She closed her eyes, trying to ingrain the image in her head, storing the dearest memory. 

Her fingers trembled as shaky tears escaped her tightly shut eyes, tracing a wet path on her cheeks. She felt so overwhelmed, so frustrated.

She was afraid, the fear creeping up her body like a eager vine, ready to consume her. She was nostalgic, The memories of her carefree life at camp ready to bring her to her tears. She felt homesick, the desire to go to place she considers her own making her cry. She felt angry, the hot raging river in her ready to lash out at anyone, someone.

She was a slave to them. She had always reigned on her emotions but today, as much as she pushed them back, locked them in the corners of her mind, they broke free, causing havoc in the depths of her mind. 

Again she tried relaxing herself, but unlike last time, it did her no good. She was on the floor now, the cold marble digging into her knees, still blinded to the world. In the distance she heard the sweet song a bird was singing, its voice filled with joy. 

Its seemed like such an irony to her, with the bird chirping without a care in the world and her, on her knees, crying pathetically. Out of the two, she seemed to be the animal. 

A/N-

Hello! I will make this short because who does not hate authors note?
I will be updating every 3/4 days instead of every  alternate day. Sorry it has to be this way, but school is killing me!
Anyways stay safe and have a good day.

Cheers!
~Nutan