Diagon Alley

Where he took you, it was rather odd. For you'd reached the back of a pub, and within the click of his umbrella upon some bricks outside, the wall moved aside, revealing a whole new world behind the bricks. You and Harry turned to each other, curiosity and fear burning, yet your excitement outweighed the fear, as opposed to Harry, who began to gulp louder and louder by the second.

"Diagon Alley, this," Hagrid man said with a grin on his face. "Suppose we ought to get ya some robes, wands, and stuff for school, ya?"

"Mate, not to be dramatic or anything but I really don't think I'll need a wand for school. An axe, maybe." You said.

"For Hogwarts? An axe will be no good," the man winked once more before allowing you and Harry to step behind the wall, which ultimately revealed the wondrous world of, what you yet were unsure of, magic. The people - the cloaks upon their shoulders, the hats upon their heads, the grins upon their faces - the joy was immaculate and far exceeded the despair of your normal life. And the buildings! The outstanding outlook of the buildings, for the architecture proved original and new, one of magic, one of creativity, full of colour and vibrancy. Even Harry, as terrified as he were, could not help but stare in awe at the beautiful buildings and the positivity of the atmosphere.

"What is this?" Harry asked.

"I told ya, Diagon Alley."

"But what is Diagon Alley?"

"An alley. In the wizardin' world, of course. Come, le's get your pets and robes."

"Pets?" You asked.

"At Hogwarts, ev'ryone has a pet. Owls, toads, cats, your choice."

"Cool, can I have an owl?"

"[F/n]," Harry quickly nudged you for indulging too easily.

"Shut up Harry, I want an owl."

"Sure, what about ya, Harry? I'll go get yer pets an' you go and get yer robes, how 'bout that?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what is going on." Harry said.

"You will soon enough," Hagrid flashed Harry a smile before pointing towards one of the buildings, "go there and ask for yer robes. Simply say yer first years at Hogwarts."

"Sure," you said, more than willing, as you grabbed Harry's wrist and pulled him off to the shop. He, of course, was not as excited, for he bore more fear and terror than excitement. However, his fear was not sufficient enough to stop your thrill. The two of you entered the shop and were greeted by a woman at the counter, who immediately asked what you wished. You informed her of what Hagrid told you to, and she immediately led you to the back of the store with a grand smile. Upon entering the back, your eyes met with a boy of pale blonde hair, slicked back, who was just getting his robes made as his body was getting measured. The woman instructed for you and Harry to stand in certain places, and you thus ended up standing beside the boy, whose expression was not quite near as excited as yours, but appeared miserable and tired, yet sly at the same time. Awaiting for the woman to finish measuring him, you stood in silence, which did not last very long, for the boy turned to you and spoke.

"Hogwarts?" He asked.

You turned to him, confused, but nodded. "Yes."

"What house do you think you'll be in?"

"House?" Harry asked from the side.

"I'll definitely be in Slytherin," the boy smirked, ultimately proud of himself.

"The fuck is Slytherin?" You asked.

"Excuse you?" The boy scoffed. "What are you? Dumb?"

"No," you scoffed back at his bold question, "are you?"