The Insatiable Passion

One morning when you, being the loner you are, sat alone during a free period in the Great Hall, there you could not help but look up every so often to meet Draco's gaze which hung on the other side of the hall, sitting with his friends. He, too, could not keep his eyes away, but would always look away first whenever you caught him looking. A thing you noticed, however, was that Blaise was not present with him, which was an odd sight, and an infuriating one. Infuriating, why, you wonder? The answer is simple. Because, without Blaise, Draco was surrounded by girls and only girls. The three girls that were always with him, with Ana Addington being particularly clingy to him, which you felt your own heart race increase at. Simply seeing her touch his arm and laugh beside him, you tensed your jaw and looked away forcefully. And for him to allow it so easily! Well, of course, he is a teenager boy who bathes in flirtatious behaviour if exerted towards him. Had Blaise been there, he would have said something. But Draco was a pussy. Period.

Thus, sighing, you proceeded with your work, keeping your head down to not see the painful and infuriating sight of Ana pressing on Draco's arms, touching his muscles, squeezing herself up against him. Whore, was all you could think, despite there being absolutely nothing about her that was necessarily promiscuous. And plus, how can one define a whore? Women are not objects - not defined by their sexuality, and you knew that; you beat yourself up mentally for calling her that, knowing that she was not doing anything wrong if looked at objectively, but your jealousy had overtaken your rational thought so completely that you continued to think it anyway.

But not all was lost! As Adrian Pucey, the handsome boy from your Quidditch team, sat down in front of you, partially blocking your field of view to Draco. Hesitantly looking up, you raised an eyebrow at his sudden arrival, as he merely smiled at you in a friendly manner.

"Hello, Adrian," you said softly.

"Hello, [F/n]. How was your summer?"

"It went well. I got arrested."

"Ah," he laughed, "yes, I heard something about that. Rumours spread fast. Why was it so?"

"I attacked an annoying customer," you smiled in a friendly manner.

He laughed and smiled gently, looking upon you earnestly. "Last year ... you and Malfoy became friends, right?"

Immediately gulping tightly at the mention of his name, your cheeks flushed red as you looked upon Adrian warily. "Friends ... ah, uh ... no, not particularly. Y'see, we just learned to work around each other. Wouldn't go as far as friendship, though."

"Oh," he nodded understandingly, though not entirely convinced, "I see."

Awkwardly, you nodded, not knowing what else to say. Therefore, you dropped your head back down to your work, continuing to fill in the theory of potions. Finally, Adrian cleared his throat again and continued.

"Hey, do you want to ... do something, sometime?"

With flushed cheeks, you looked up at him. He was looking at you eagerly, slightly nervous and shy, but at the same time proud. It meant a lot to be regarded by [F/n] Potter with kindness. It was an honour to not be spat on by her, sworn at, or disregarded. Feeling bad for him, you scrunched your face lightly in an apologetic manner and sighed, "oh, Adrian."

"If you're free, that is!"

"See ... the thing is, I'm kind of not. I've got a lot of school work to - " And, mid-sentence, you froze. You had caught sight of Draco's eyes, across the hall. Ana Addington was glued to him as usual, but now, he disregarded her entirely and stared at you and only you, lowered eyes burning with a jealous passion. His eyes were dark and sharp. Even somewhat scary, really. He looked as though he was capable of murdering someone as he looked upon you and Adrian Pucey speaking in such a comfortable manner.

Oh, Draco. You wish to play, thus we shall play.

Smirking, you cleared your throat lightly and turned back to Adrian, feeling the power flow within you. You continued: "Actually, on second thought ... it's the start of the year. School work can wait. I'd love to do something with you." You flashed him the most wholesome smile, using your charismatic capabilities with your gorgeous smile, flashing your gorgeous beauty across the room. Any boy, any girl, was capable of falling for that; any breathing being was ultimately unable to resist your beguiling manner.

Adrian sighed of relief, his muscles relaxing at your acceptance. He smiled at you. "I'm glad! Well ... it's up to you to decide when and where, if you want."

Think, Potter, quick ... where will Draco see the two of you explicitly leave together? You pursed your lips, your mind scanning through all the possibilities as fast as possible. Your brain was flashing up thousands of images, scrutinising them in detail, examining for the best scenario to drive Draco furious. If he wishes to play this game, he has chosen the worst opponent.

"After Quidditch practice tomorrow, why don't we go to Hogsmeade together?"

Adrian's eyes lit up in a hopeful gleam as he nodded enthusiastically. "Sure!"

"Very well," you smiled.

However, this time, your smile was less wholesome but more alluring, a hint of a playful smirk. And, inhaling deeply, you pushed your chest out and lifted up your arms to your hair, softly taking a hold of your hair and lifting it up into a high ponytail, exposing the entirety of your neck and jaw. You knew what you were doing. Sly bitch. And, gently smirking, you turned your head slightly to the side to expose more of your own neck as you finally exhaled. There, Adrian gulped harshly, staring at your naked neck. Yet, this was not the most intense look. Across the hall, there upon the table, a boy stared intently. His eyes were capable of murder more than ever as he gripped the quill in his hand tightly, accidentally snapping it as he crushed it in his palm. Careless of the snap, he continued to stare with furrowed brows and eyes of a red temper.

"Draco!" Ana cried out in a high-pitched tone. "You snapped the quill!" Sighing longingly, she moved herself up in the seat closer to him. "Here, I'll help you," and, trying to open up his fist to take the snapped quill out, Draco snapped his entire arm away from her. "What are you doing?" She asked with a forced look of innocence as she looked upon him.

"Don't touch me." He ordered immediately. He was even angrier at her now, for forcing him to look away from you. Thus, with her out of the way, his eyes darted towards you again, which you watched eagerly with your evil smirk.

He read your eyes so perfectly. The way you knew him, he knew you. The way you understood that he was pleading for help, he understood that you weren't going to back down without a tough battle. Tensing his jaw, he continued to stare. His eyes locked onto yours so intently, as though your lives depended on this stare. Your smirk, his glare - it matched so perfectly. It worked so well. As though your smirk was created for his glare. The insatiable passion!