Closet of Supplies

Over the next couple of days, it became clear to you that Professor Rowhound had gained a permanent place at Hogwarts. He was not the exact teacher of any particular subject, but he was always lurking around. You became convinced that he was the official supply teacher, or sometimes the assistant as he would help out other teachers, but the menacing look upon his face always remained. It only inspired your harsh curiosity further, causing you to hide behind walls whenever you saw him approaching just to see where he was going or what he was doing. To your dismay, you never caught him doing anything particularly suspicious, but you did not give up. One evening, you were on your nightly walk, roaming the hallways of Hogwarts. All teachers knew of you doing this; it was never questioned nor restricted, simply because the teachers knew that even if they stopped you once, you would go out and do it again anyway. And, during one walk, you began to hear the distant voice of Professor Rowhound discussing matters with another individual further away. The faint light of the torches glimmered through onto the hallway you were in. And so, sneaking closer to the hallway you heard the voices in, you stood at the corner, with your back against the wall. You gulped, hoping to not get caught, as you peeked out from behind the wall and caught sight of Professor Rowhound and none other than Professor Snape. They weren't very friendly; in fact, it looked like Snape was far angrier than Rowhound, as Rowhound expressed a sense of fear as he looked upon Snape.

"Potter!" You heard a harsh whisper from behind you. Directly behind you, also against the wall, was Draco, who had the same mischievous and cunning look upon his face as you. "What are you doing here?" He asked, slightly angry, with a loud whisper.

"What are you doing here?"

"None of your business," he scoffed out, "move out of the way. I want to see what's going on."

"No, I'm seeing what's going on," you whispered again, turning away from Draco to look back at the quarrel between Snape and Rowhound.

"What are they saying?"

"I'd be able to tell if you shut your mouth."

Draco clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes, but shifted himself closer to you. Your back was against his front as the two of you peeked over the wall, watching the scene. Draco's tallness gave him the easiness of towering over you and also seeing what's happening behind the wall, but it meant that his front was directly pressed against your back. Whether he did this intentionally, you did not know, but it sure as hell worked as a distraction.

"Can you not?" You groaned, looking up at him behind.

"Not what?" He asked, looking down at you with a smirk.

"You know what you're doing."

"I do, Miss Potter. Who do you take me for?" He asked with a smirk, quoting you from the Potions lesson the other day with Slughorn. You, however, rolled your eyes and returned to watching the scene. "What're they saying?"

"I don't know, but Snape looks angry."

"What could they be arguing over?"

"Don't know. Maybe they're Death Eaters," you said as a joke, though there was a hint of truth in it. The dream of Snape in the Ministry returned to your mind - he was accused of being a Death Eater. Really, it would have made perfect sense. You'd considered Rowhound being a Death Eater already, so it would not shock you to see the two of them.

"Uh," Draco cleared his throat, "yeah ... but ... " He gulped heavily. "Surely Dumbledore wouldn't allow for a Death Eater to be inside the walls of Hogwarts."

"Nah, I think he would." You whispered, peering at Snape and analysing his manners. "I think there's more of them than we think. They're like a mafia."