Potter Studies

Today there had to be a supply teacher for Professor Charity Burbage in your Muggle Studies, for what reason you did not know. You'd simply been informed that the teacher had gone away for a while, and that he would be taking over. The teacher introduced himself as Professor Rowhound and the manner in which he spoke ultimately displeased you. His actions were harsh, especially the way in which he wrote his name upon the board; he slammed the board with the chalk as though his life depended on it, and his hands produced strict movements as he wrote his name. Finally, he turned to the class; he bore a menacing face with a scar gently above his lip. His eyes produced a cunning and deceptive look, and just when your eyes met his across the classroom, you did not know whether it was fear or anger that built up inside of you.

"I hear we have two ... great wizards ... in this class," he said slowly, his eyes scanning the room. "Mr ... Harry Potter! I would recognise that scar anywhere," he said lowly, staring at Harry with his sly eyes. Harry pursed his lips slightly at the unusual manner in which Rowhound stared at him. Nevertheless, when Rowhound finished with Harry, his eyes continuing scanning the room. "But I believe ... that the other one is more secretive ... with a hidden scar."

The class remained silent, allowing Professor Rowhound to scan the room slowly with his eyes. All the students were gulping, knowing that he wasn't searching for them but nevertheless being worried to be mistaken for [F/n] Potter and be stared at by him in the horrific way. You, on the other hand, sat in your chair beside Hermione, slouched and flipping your pen in between your fingers, holding back your smirk as you also remained silent. You awaited for him to spot you.

"[F/n] Potter ... which one are you?" He asked, his jaw tensed and teeth gritted as he grew impatient from the silence, scanning the room further. Finally, his eyes fell on you, and they remained on you.

"I don't know, Professor," you began with your usual nonchalant voice and light smirk, "but I think she's the sexiest one in the room."

"Of course ... [F/n] Potter," he said slowly, menacingly, under his own breath as though he were speaking to himself now, but his eyes plastered on you intently across the room, "yes, yes ... the one that got sorted in Slytherin."

"Gryffindors are losers."

All Gryffindors in the room turned to you with furrowed brows, including your own brother and friends. You did not react, instead you flashed them all mischievous grin before turning back to Rowhound, who seemed to be having trouble in controlling himself. His hands began to lightly tremble as he grew more catatonic. He turned back to the board, keeping his back to the class for a while longer, before finally exhaling and calming down, after which he was capable of expressing his face again.

Everyone noticed his unusual behaviour, and everyone concluded that there was something wrong about this man. Yet, it was only you who grew specifically interested in this man and what possible things he could do in his free time. Growing flowers certainly was not one. He was dressed in all black, yet there was something menacing about the manner in which he wore his clothes. Well, everything about him was off putting. But, surely ... Dumbledore would not have hired someone so dodgy. Someone who would be a ...

"Muggle Studies, then!" Rowhound exclaimed, smirking at the class. "What have you been doing so far?"

The class remained silent, until he pointed at Ron.

"Uh," Ron paused, "we've been doing the muggle workplaces and politics."

"Politics!" Rowhound exclaimed excitedly. "Yes ... yes ... it's so very interesting!" He grinned through gritted teeth, turning to the board and writing upon it the word 'Parliament'. "Who can tell me what this is, then?"