Malfoy Manor Days

"I'm going to show [F/n] the library," Draco said with a faint smile, taking your hand as the two of you stood by the table, after you and Draco cleaned up the plates.

"Alright," Narcissa said with a faint smile, looking at the two of you. And, as you and Draco were making your way away, Narcissa quickly stopped you. You turned around, and found her hesitating on her words. "[F/n] ... Bella is away for a couple of days. And ... everyone else won't be returning till after the new year. I thought, maybe ... if you wanted to, you could spend the rest of the holidays here. Severus will be staying too, as he doesn't wish to be alone, so it's a familiar face. We'd love to have you here, and I'm sure Draco would be very glad." She said with a faint smile, also standing. "And plus, it is New Years Eve today ... it'd be great to have you over."

Snape kept his eyes on you, sitting on the sofa with his usual stern expression, awaiting your answer. Your eyes flashed from Narcissa's to Snape's, then to Draco's; all were looking at you inquisitively, awaiting an answer right now.

"I couldn't possibly intrude like this," you finally said nervously.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous!" Narcissa laughed lightly. "Such a large house is empty for the three of us."

You turned to Draco to see his expression this matter.

"Do stay," he said quietly with a calm tone, looking at you peacefully.

Thus, with a faint smile, you proceeded. "Then, in that case, I'd love to stay. But I must inform Harry and all my friends, for, no doubt, they are all worrying."

"That's perfectly fine. I'm sure Draco will let you use Niklaus."

"To message that Potter idiot?" Draco scoffed. "I'd rather not."

"Draco." Narcissa snapped.

"Yeah, yeah, fine."

Snape could not help but snicker under his nose. Draco thus dragged you off, leading you up the stairs. So suddenly, it felt like the entire manor was empty, with only you and Draco in it; almost as though you lived in it. Like a princess with her prince, or a Queen with her King. So suddenly, you felt yourself in a Victorian ball gown, large and wealthy. Draco in his black suit, leading you up the stairs. The world was yours, and you were the glory of all goodness. With Draco, you felt capable of taking over the world. With Draco, worldwide pain, suffering, affliction ... none of it existed. With Draco, you were a poet, and he was your poem.

When the two of you entered the library, your heart ascended as you caught sight of the many aisles with bookcases. Bookcases - tall to the ceiling! So, so many books! It almost felt like the world's largest, most influential perspectives were held in this one single room - hell, it was a hall! A large hall, not a room! Books stacked against books, plaques around, informing you of the author, the book, and what category to which the book belonged to. And the categories? Endless! The section labelled 'Muggle' proved to be your favourite, for it was a large section right at the far end of the library, covered in dust, distant of touch except recently.

"I'm surprised your father hasn't thrown these out, or you, for that matter," you said with a sneer.

"My father doesn't even come in here, to be honest. And neither did I. Until, obviously, I was stupid enough to get a book for you. Do you recognise any of these?" He asked, standing behind you but outstretching his arm by your side, running his fingers along the dusty shelves.

"Many, if not all," you smiled, "most of these are from the Victorian era or older. Very old, expensive editions. You're so rich, man, what the fuck?"