Just This Morning

You and Harry stared at each other intently, you sitting on one armchair in the Gryffindor common room, Harry sitting on the one opposite. In the sofa in the middle sat Ginny, Hermione and Ron, all looking back and forth and awaiting a reaction from either of you. Finally, Hermione spoke up.

"Alright, shall we begin?" She sighed. "Harry, you will go first. State your issues."

"We'll be here for a long time."

"Cry about it, Harold."

"My first issue is that she keeps calling me Harold."

Hermione sighed, turning to you, "[F/n], please."

You rolled your eyes with a sigh before continuing your stare at Harry. He finally began.

"My first and foremost issue is your betrayal. You went behind my back, knowing damn well how much I hate him. He broke my nose at the start of the year, and you just casually go off and sleep with him. Sometimes I think to myself that you're all I've got left and that I can count on you, but how am I supposed to trust you? How do I know that you won't reveal any information to him, when he is quite literally one of the people who are trying to kill us?"

Harry finished, and thus all heads turned to you.

"The thing is, Harry, just because you think he's evil doesn't mean he is. He has potential, he just has to be guided on the right path."

"Right path - "

"Harry, let her finish," Hermione snapped.

"As I was saying," you continued, "just because you're quick to judge people and call them enemies doesn't mean I am. He has a heart of gold. He came to the Ministry back then because ... because he couldn't stand the thought of me risking my life." At this, Harry scoffed. "And I could only deal with Sirius' death because he stuck by me. I know it sounds fucking ridiculous and horridly stupid ... but ... fuck, I don't know how to stop this."

"Stop what?"

"This. How I feel about him. I would ... I would do anything for him. He," you gulped, "he really has me wrapped around his finger."

"You have him wrapped around yours too," Ginny added.

"You're just confused and he's just using you," Harry scoffed.

"Just confused!" You shot up from your seat, lowering your eyes at Harry. "I did not spend so many nights crying over that stupid boy - I did not put all my faith into him, all these nights that I've prayed to the universe to keep him safe and healthy - for you to diminish my feelings for him to confusion! I battled these God-damn feelings for a year, Harry, and you dare undermine the pain I went through!"

"I can confirm," Ginny said.

"I don't care ... I don't care if you can't see it! If you can't see how amazing he is, how great! The potential he holds! Even if I will not be with him, I will ensure he remains safe and happy, for I ... I am in love with him, and there's nothing you can do about that!" And with that, you stormed out of the Gryffindor common room in angst.

You immediately marched down the stairs with an angry expression. As you paced your way through the hallways, you kept your eyes on the windows, watching the outside and the starry sky. The moon was mocking you for your lash out at Harry and your embarrassing admitting of your feelings. It was not necessarily nighttime, but the winter atmosphere made it already dark very early. Thus, many students still hung about the hallways. And, due to this watching of the moon, you felt yourself collide with another individual which, when you looked up, you paused with pursed lips.