[29]

It was 3am when Jess rolled over to see Tobi wide awake, his hand smoothing the girls back.

"What are you doing up?" The girl whispered as she placed her head upon the boys bare shoulder, giving his cheek a small kiss.

Tobi turned his head slightly, looking the girl in her eyes while mumbling, "Can't sleep."

Jess let out a small sigh, moving her hand to the boys chest, rubbing it softly. "You want to go for a car ride?" She whispered, sitting up causing the boys hand to fall from her back.

Tobi looked at the girl as she rose from the bed, Manny's jumper hanging loosely on the girls body. The girl looked to Tobi, a small smile on her face as she spoke, "Come on, T. Let's go for a ride."

—————————————————————————-

The two were in Simon's tesla, blasting Jme out as they sped down the motorway. Both bobbed their heads to the beat, staying silent.

"Can we get mcdonalds?" The girl asked as she brought her legs up onto the seat. Tobi chuckled, glancing to the girl, nodding before giving her his phone.

"Put on some of your music, I've never really listened to your type of music." Jess looked to the boy, a small smile etching it's way on the girls face.

"What?" Tobi asked, chuckling. Jess shook her head, using Tobi's face to open his phone before going onto apple music. "Don't make fun of me." The girl mumbled, glancing to Tobi who shook his head, muttering "I'll never make fun of you, baby."

Jess felt herself blush, pressing ski mask the slump god's reborn to rebel, bobbing her head to the beat as it came on. Tobi bit his lip, the song having a badass feel to it.

"I like it." The boy spoke, looking over to the girl who was mumbling along to the lyrics.

——————————————————————————

The two were soon at Mcdonalds, sitting in one of the booths, the sunrise being beautiful.

"Please don't leave me." Tobi mumbled after sitting in silence for a while. Jess chuckled, eating her fries before looking to the boy, "I'm not going to leave you."

Jess glanced down to her phone, not wanting to make eye contact with the boy, so instead checked the time: 6:45am.

Tobi grabbed the girls hand, causing the girl to glance up to the boy. "I mean it Jess." The girl furrowed her eyebrows nodding at the boy.

"I'm not leaving you." Jess confirmed, Tobi slumping in his seat before moving to sit next to the girl.

"Let's get married." Jess choked on her spit as she looked up to the by, seeing he was serious.     "I-" Jess' phone rang, making the girl rush to pick it up.

"Hello?" Jess mumbled into her phone, not even battering an eyelash to the boy in front of her. "Jessica Parker! Bring my fucking car back now." The girl quickly ended the phone call, putting her phone in her pocket, mumbling, "We best get going."

———————————————————————————

The two pulled up to the Sidemen house, Simon rushing out of the house. "Oh god." The girl mumbled, climbing out of the passenger seat.

"If you scratched my fu-" "We didn't fucking crash your car Simon." Tobi muttered as he slammed the car door shut.

"You have some nerve." Simon sneered, grabbing his keys from Tobi's hands. Jess laughed at his comment, shaking her head as she made her way to the house.

Jed stood at the door, Lucy and Harry standing behind him. "Nice." Lucy giggled, high fiving the girl. "Can i talk to you?" Jess mumbled to the girl, glancing to Jed who was now chatting to his brother.

"Yeh, what's up?" Lucy asked, pulling her to the back garden.

Lucy was really trying, she wanted to be there for the girl. She wanted to change. "Something happened while i was out with Tobi." Jess started as she sat on the decking, Lucy joining her. "What?" Lucy asked, taking out a joint from her chest bag.

She had lit it , taking a puff before turning to the girl who had said nothing. "Jess?" Lucy noticed a tear fall from the girls eye as she began to speak, "He asked me to marry him."

Lucy choked at the words that came from Jess' mouth. "H-he what?!" Lucy managed out, putting her joint out as she turned to face the girl.

Jess just shook her head, looking away from Lucy, wiping her eyes; she didn't even know why she was crying.

"What did you say back?" Lucy questioned, her face going pale. "I didn't- I didn't say anything." The girl shook her head as she spoke, wishing things would just go back to normal so she could believe in love. So she could say yes instead of dreading it.

"Simon called me anyway. That basically stopped the conversation." Lucy was wide eyed, surprised with what she was hearing.

"But-you-he's moving mad," Lucy mumbled, chuckling slightly. Jess hummed before standing, "I might go back home." The girl mumbled as Lucy follower her actions.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Lucy asked as she made her way to the house. "I think so. I'm sure Jed would like his own bed for a bit." Jess joked, trying to keep her mind off everything.

——————————————————————————-

Jess cling onto Jed's hand as they got to their elevator. Deciding to walk home was a bad choice, both craving the warmth of a car.

The girl had kept out of Tobi's way, knowing the next time they'd talk it would be awkward and Jess wasn't sure how to act upon it.

"Want me to stay with you tonight? In your bed?" Jed spoke as they entered the elevator, the girl sighing when the doors shut. "I don't know." Jed furrowed his eyebrows as he turned to the girl, squeezing her hand.

"Want to just stay up late in the living room and see how you feel then?" He whispered, brushing the girls hair out of her eyes with his free hand.

A tear fell from the girls eye as she nodded, the elevator doors opening, the two walking into the room together.

—————————————————————————

Tobi let out a muffled sob as he clutched a pillow close to his chest. He felt weighted with emotions; emotions he couldn't even name.

"T-Tobi?" The boy held his breath for a second before replying, "y-yeh Vik?" He didn't face the door but he knew Vik was standing cautiously. "Can I stay with you tonight?" A small smile found its way onto Tobi's face as he wiped his eyes, deciding not to question him.

"Yeh, s-sure."

I realised this book is going to have more chapters than the first one, but it should have less than 40 (hopefully)