[30]

It was the second Sunday since Manny's passing and Jed was helping Jess with tidying up. The group were going to a UTR football game, Marfo mentioning they were doing the cup game for Manny.

Ever since Jess and Jed returned to the penthouse, they had stayed in the living room, jess not wanting to go into her room and Jed not wanting to leave the girl alone.

"We really need to get rid of this pole." Jed chuckled as he moved around the stripper pole in the room. Jess giggled, nodding, "Not like I'm going to use it."

"You can put on one last show for me if you want." Jed wiggled his eyebrows as he grabbed at the girls waist. Jess giggled, pushing the boy away from her, shaking her head, "Maybe if the boys win, I'll have another party and I'll do it then."

Jed chuckled, ruffling the girls hand which got a hand to his own, slapping it away. He then reached into his gym bag, pulling out his football top, replacing his own with it.

"Oh, Tobi told me to give you this, said he'd want you to wear this." Jed spoke as he reached into his bag, pulling out another football jersey. Manny's. Jess bit her lip as she grabbed it from Jed, her eye's glancing at the big 17 on the back. "Okay..." The girl whispered.

She had texted Tobi over the past few days, asking for an update on finding Manny's body only to be left disappointed when they hadn't found anything yet. They had facetimed too and it seemed a though the incident they had at Mcdonald's never happened.

And Jess didn't know why she was disappointed with Tobi not asking her about it.

Changing into the top, Jess turned to Jed, smiling at him. "I like it when you change in front of me." Jed's eyes widened at his own words, quick to correct himself, "I mean, like how comfortable you are around me."

Jed bowed his head, feeling the blood rush to his cheeks. "That's because i trust you." Jess mumbled, grabbing Jed's coat, putting it around her shoulders. "No." Jed spoke, taking the coat of the girls shoulders, "Get your own."

The girl pouted before her phone dinged, a message telling her the guys were outside.

——————————————————————————

The girl climbed out of Simon's tesla, sighing lightly to herself. "Come on, let's go meet up with Tobes." Jed spoke softly a he grabbed the girls hand. Jess glanced up to the boy, sighing before nodding, allowing Jed to pull her onto the football pitch, the sidemen following behind them.

Spotting Tobi with Marfo, Jed began to pull the girl faster.
"T!" Tobi turned at his brothers voice, noticing the group, sending them a small smile.

"I hope you two are awake and ready," the boy motioned towards Jide and Simon, "cause we're short by two." Jide and Simon glanced towards each other, both sharing a small smile before nodding to Tobi and Marfo.

Marfo clapped his hand, motioning for the boys to go with him while Tobi finally looked to Jess. He opened his arms, the girl letting go of Jed's hand to walk into them.

The two hugged, swaying slightly as they just enjoyed each other's presence. "I've missed you." Tobi spoke causing the girl to pull back slightly. "Don't go soft on me, Tobi." The girl teased as she poked his chest. Tobi bit his lip as he leaned down to the girl, "I'm never soft for you, babygirl." Jess blushed as the boy kissed her cheek before pulling away.

The boy had spoken to Vik the night he'd stayed in his room, mentioning how he proposed to the girl - which had made Vik laugh before realising Tobi wasn't joking. Vik had given the boy pointers, how to open up more, express his feelings.

They had became closer and Tobi seemed to soften around the group, his emotions coming out more. He was still closed off though, but Vik had helped him come out of his shell.

"Hey, Jess." Tolu spoke as he walked over to the group from the changing rooms. The girl turned to him, a soft smile on her face as she hugged the boy. "Hi, Tolu." She whispered before pulling away, giving him a nod.

The last time she saw him was when she jumped... when she felt helpless.

And she still did, just a little less now. "I hope you're doing okay." Jess spoke before going back to Tobi, a soft smile on his face as he spoke to Jed.

"Well you boys best get out on the field." Jess giggled as she slapped both boys on their asses before running to hide behind Lucy. Jess squealed when the two boys got to her, laughing when Tobi threw her over his shoulder, carrying her to a wall near the changing rooms, sitting her on it.

"You little bitch." Tobi murmured in her ear, letting his teeth graze it ever so slightly, "Now go on and get back to Lucy, I want her to see what my words do to you." Jess nodded, jumping off the wall, walking forward.

Tobi bit his lip as he let his hand come down to smack the girls ass causing her to Yelp. She looked back to the boy, her cheeks a blood red as she walked and Tobi never doubted that the hand-print on her ass was the same colour.

"Come on, tobes." Simon dragged the boy forward, Tobi chuckling as he saw how red the boy was himself. "JJ do that to you?" The boy teased causing Simon to go even more red, "Fuck off."

——————————————————————————-

The football game had finished and UTR had won. Jess was on Marfo's back as they cheered before she was pulled down by Lucy who held a smirk on her face.

"What?" Jess giggled, Lucy pointing behind her in response. Jess furrowed her eyebrows as she turned, her hand flying to her mouth as she saw Tobi on one knee, looking up to her. A tear fell down her cheek as the boy began to speak.

"Umm- well, when I first met you, I wanted to kill you. Manny found you perfect and I hated that. I hated you but then I realised how much of a bad bitch I was letting go by hating you. And then I started liking you, really liking you. But I wanted Manny to feel like he had someone and I didn't want to take that away from him. Then Jed appeared out of nowhere and you started supporting him through everything and that made me fall in love with you."

Jess let her hand fall to the boys cheek as she cried quietly.

"And I wasn't ready when I asked you before but right now, I am ready. I'm ready to stop being such a dick head. So, Jessica Parker," the boy reached into his shorts pocket, pulling out a ring box. He opened it, a black rose with a black diamond in the middle of it.

"Will you marry me?"

The girl gulped, wiping her eyes before glancing around at the people who stood around in silence.

"I-" the girl gulped before nodding, "fuck it, why not?"

Surprise?