28🌙 Make me blush

Jules Martin

"They're r-r-really going for it." I whispered to Luna as we watched Ezra and Sophia go heads on at a game. They were close until Sophia flipped the last cup, took the last shot and celebrated her victory by slamming in onto the table and cussing out Ezra. Poor guy, he clearly let her win.  

"Take that!" She raised her voice, slurring almost as her competitive spirit caused her to get drunk. "Is there something you don't suck at!?" She grinned at him from across the table, and regardless if he flipped the cup or not Ezra drank the shot at once.

"Letting you win." He scoffed as he came back down. Thought so. Don't think she appreciates it.

She looked him up and down, leaning her hand on the table towards him. "As if... You just can't take the loss." She teased him, her words coming out drunk.

"Witch." Ezra shook his head and when he tried to walk away she stopped him. Ez, what are you trying to accomplish.

"Oh oh." Luna widened her eyes at me as she saw Sophia quicken her pace. "He did not just-" She widened her eyes more as she completely let herself lean into my side, giving me no choice but to throw my arm around her, and I surely didn't mind.

"Did you just call me a bitch again?" She frowned at him, swatting him across the arm as soon as she walked around the table.

He just scoffed, holding up his hands. "A witch, not a bitch. Relax it's Halloween." He rolled his eyes into her direction. "Although the other term is accurate too." He fake smiled, the atmosphere amusing, yet a bit hostile.

"Okay, our turn Martin!" Luna raised her voice as she stepped away from my side and grabbed my hand, dragging me right between Ezra and Sophia. "Try not to kill Ezra Soph." Luna laughed as we passed them.

"Are you s-s-sure you can h-handle losing?" I teased when I found myself on the other side of the table, across from her pouring the shots.

Luna looked up smirking playfully as she positioned the cups. "Who says I'm going to lose?" Her cheeky smile and blushed cheeks was a sight on its own.

"Well, I won't let you w-w-win like Ezra let Sophia." I smirked, pulling my brows up to tease.

Her smile grew wider as she positioned her at the start of the game. "If you let me win, I'll get mad." She looked at me through her lashes, her lips in a straight line and one eyebrow cocked. "Now, you just make sure..." Her voice sounded like her flirty self again, putting her hands on the table and leaning forward, making sure that costume revealed whatever it was she wanted me to see. Shit, don't stare like that. "You don't get distracted." She smirked, already flipping the first cup while indeed my mind wasn't ready for it yet. You tease! I rapidly tried to concentrate at the sound of her already slamming the first shot onto the table. "Come on Jules, is that all you got?" She said, her eyes focussing on her second cup while she knew I was still trying to flip my first.

"Come on Juju." Ezra cheered me on. Shut up Ez. "Save our honor!" He clapped next to me and I just felt the smirk on Luna's face when she heard that damned nickname.

"So Juju huh?" Luna was indeed smirking, and her remark sounded playful and teasing when I finally flipped the first cup and I quickly threw back the shot. 

I nearly coughed as that was pure tequila going down my throat and it had been a while. "Don't y-y-you ever call me that. Just s-s-stick with Martin." I looked up at her briefly before, flipping the next cup and taking the shot. "Come on Luna, w-w-what are you waiting f-for." I paused to challenge her and she briefly looked up to meet my lingering gaze.