17 🌙 I can't help it.

Jules Martin

I was trying to hear what they were saying in the kitchen, but I didn't even need to try as their conversation quickly turned into yelling. All of us where eyeing at each other when we suddenly became the live audience of their argument. Luna ran through the living room into the hallway, Zander quickly following after her, and I was already annoyed by the sight of it.  

We were listening with our mouths parted, our eyes wide when we heard her shriek, her tone scared and threatened. Fuck this! I'm not going to sit here and do nothing. I was making a move to get off the couch when Ezra pulled me back.

"Jules, it's not our business." His whispered was nothing compared to the screams in my head. 

I shook my head at both of them with a frown. "He's out o-of h-h-is mind!" I wavered my hands in front of me. "We're not going to do a-anything?" I frowned more while hearing another set of yells and a thud against the wall coming from the hallway. "He's fucking hurting her!" I raised my voice in anger, completely uninterrupted too.

Levi shook his head. "Jules, we should let them work it out. We don't know anything about their relationship." He said, but his face quickly froze when another thud sounded our way. "Okay, fine. If things get out of hand we'll butt in." He rushed, finally seeing the sincerity of the situation.

I just scoffed. "Isn't it already? T-t-this is not how you treat your g-g-girlfriend!" At my words Levi closed his eyes, knowing I was right.      

"You're hurting me! Get off." We heard Luna cry, and I was up at my feet real quick. I can't listen to this! Maybe I cared a little too much, but so what if I did! 

"So that's it, you're breaking up with me?" Zander scoffed loudly and intimidating. Luna, yes, you know you deserve better. At Zander's words Ezra's mouth fell wide open while he eyed at Levi.

"She's going to dump him?" Ezra awed, as if that was a no go thing to do.

"What's w-w-rong with that? She should!" The frown on my face and the scoff leaving my throat told them how I felt about it loud and clear.

Levi shook his head, clearly not agreeing with what he was about to say. "He's captain." His brows were raised in an I'm an idiot for saying this kind of way and I definitely agreed with the idiot part.

"What the fuck? S-s-so?" I shrugged.

"Get. The. Fuck. Off. Me. Now!!!!" She yelled, and I was balling my fists at how powerless I felt, wanting to do something, but doubting it would be appreciated by anybody.

"Don't break up with me the night before a game... Are you trying to destroy me." He yelled and I rolled my eyes. You selfish dick, she should have dumped you yesterday, so you would have realized what you lost!

"He's so fucked." Levi whispered as the voices in the hallways toned down.

"The whole team is fucked!" Ezra sighed, while his haze fell on the floor with disappointment.

"Who cares, It's n-n-not her f-fault." Dammit! "He's a d-dick." I loudly scoffed at the both of them even though I knew they agreed. Seconds later, we all shrieked a little when the front door swung shut loudly and Zander roared through the hallway before smashing his fist into the wall with a curse. I hope you break your wrist, like you break her every time! She doesn't deserve this. "I'm going t-t-to make sure s-s-she's okay." I shook my head with disgust, pacing quickly towards the front door. I even passed Zander without saying anything, he was air to me for what he was worth, captain or not. Opened the front door I install laid eyes on her, and she seemed clearly upset on her car, slamming the wheel. She was trying to get her car to start but the first cold and frosty temperatures of the year must have killed the battery. She got out of the car without even glancing at the house, kicking her tire and I'm pretty sure she hurt her foot doing so. Fuck it, I'm not letting her walk home, wearing only that. She'll get sick.