25 🌙 It's the _ for me

Jules Martin

An hour worth of studying, felt more like five minutes. Maybe, because that was the actual amount of time I spent looking at my book. She, was just more interesting than any grade. Her legs were still draped over mine, her focus on her book, all while I admired her concentration face, those brows lightly frowned, her lip slightly caught between her teeth, her thumb clicking her pen each time she turned over a page, and she didn't even need the pen. Falling madly in love, how do you do that they ask, well, knowing all the weird little quirks of a person and loving him or her even more because of them.                                                               

I felt my eyes drift towards her once more, only this time she caught me, looking up through her eyelashes, an instant smirk across her face. "What?" She said playfully, smirking even more.

"N-n-othing." I said, looking away, but still grinning as I did.

"What?" Her little laugh made me turn to her again, and she lightly nudged me with her leg, my hand instantly holding her still which made her squeeze her eyes at me. You're adorable. Squeezing her eyes more her intense and sassy gaze instantly put me on edge. My hand solely went from her knee to her thigh, and it made her face relax. She took a deep breath before all of a sudden she shifted until unexpectedly she laid her head in my lap, her legs supported by the armrest of the couch. "You're distracting." She grinned, her eyes wide as she looked up at me.

I put my book down on the armrest and titled my head at her in awe. "I am?" I pulled my brows up at her while my fingers just had the natural reflex to gently push her hair away from her face.

"Yes, it's the gray sweatpants that do it for me." She wobbled her head in my lap with a mischievous smile, deliberately or not rubbing me in a very tight spot. Fuck, she knows what she's doing. Do they though, because I can wear those every day. 

I tugged in a deep breath before holding my hands up in defense. "Oh... Y-y-you want to play t-t-this game." I laughed before putting my hand down, one on her stomach and the other one holding my book, flipping it to close, because it was a lost cause, definitely now.

"It's not a game it's the distracting truth." She smiled again her eyes flirty, laying her book flat against her chest along with her pen.    

I smirked down at her, slightly pressing my lips together as my mind went over a bunch of distracting truths of my own, starting with the cutest one. "It's the c-c-c-cute a-a-accent that does it for me." I smirked, and she instantly winded her mouth in awe, pulling a little frowny face too.

"I. Do. Not." She sounded offended, her mouth still wide. "I don't have an accent."

"Yeah, you do." I couldn't believe she was going to deny it. "A l-l-little one." I put my hand up and showed her how exactly how little. "So, where is i-i-it f-from?" I smirked while she was still giving me the I-don't-know-if-that's-a-compliment-or-not face.

"Iceland." She said dryly, her brows still in a frown. "I really don't have an accent though." She said pouting, but then she rolled her eyes at the sound of her own voice. "Okay maybe a little." She scoffed, her tone still playful. "I was born there, but then we moved here when I was eleven."

"Okay... Iceland... That's w-w-why you act s-s-o cold." I teased her, winking, poking her side, the whole thing.

"Ha. Ha." She said sarcastically. "It's the outstanding humor for me." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Oooh." I said into my fist, taking her diss. "Ouch." I held my chest like she just put a knife in it, before putting my hand back on her stomach, finding a comfortable spot into her fluffy sweater. "Okay, okay... It's the i-i-intense eyes that do it for me." I said looking down at her, said eyes now dreamy and flirty instead of overshadowed with a frown.