45 🌙 Kiss me or what?

Jules Martin

The next day I woke up, stiff allover. Yeah the floor doesn't really make as a great bed. However the sight of my phone made the morning gloom disappear, her name across the screen as she called.

"Hey." She whispered softly, sounding tired. That makes two of us who didn't get enough sleep. "Is Ezra okay?" I smirked while holding my phone at my ear.

"He passed out on me." I said while quietly leaving Ezra's room. "Levi had to help me get h-h-him upstairs." He for sure will have the worst hangover of his life and coach is going to kill him for s-s-showing up to practice like this. Being in the weight room instead of on the ice would have been better for his case, but unfortunately Tuesday at eleven equals ice time. Later than the usually early morning practices, so he's lucky in some way. "I took the floor tonight in case Ez needed a bucket." I chuckled at the memory of Ezra protesting to get inside his room.

"You took the floor?" She asked, a little giggle escaping her. "Well you could have slept in my soft bed if your friend wasn't such an asshole."

"I don't know what happened with h-h-him and Sophia, but he made it very clear it had something to do with her." I cleared my throat while walking downstairs to get some breakfast before practice. "He hasn't said what exactly, but he kept whining a-about her though." I laughed, reminiscing him calling Sophia a bitch over and over until it became funny and he then called her lovely once to ease his conscious. He's going to regret it, if he even remembers.

"Why isn't that a surprise." I heard her chuckle and for a second the other side became silent. "What are your plans today?" She whispered into the phone and the sound of it gave me flutters.

"Practice and then class all day." I shook my head with disappointment even though she couldn't see it.

"I'm working tonight. So, I guess, a phone call is all of your handsomeness I'm gonna get today." She chuckled and even though it sucked that I wasn't gonna see her, that laugh was enough to supply me for weeks. "But hey, tomorrow is your birthday." She pitched her voice near the end.

"Ah s-shit, I hoped you'd forgotten about that." A smirk creeped up my lips, while putting a cooking pan on the stove and broke the eggs, the phone still clenched between my shoulder and ear.

"Not a chance. Keep yourself free after 6:30 birthday boy. I'm picking you up."

Her words had me melting like the butter in the pan before me. "How very twenty-first century of you." I chuckled and I could just picture the perfect smile on her face. "Good you're giving me a heads up, cause t-t-there were so many other people I was planning on spending my birthday with."

"Very funny Martin."

"Ouch back to using my l-l-last name again, I thought we were past that Larsson." I bit my lip, trying to imagine what she was doing while being on the phone with me. Maybe she was lying in bed under her cute stack of blankets, or maybe she was getting ready for class, in the bathroom, or studying for once, really studying.

"Stop. I like using it against you. Gives me that extra little sass while talking to you."

"Not sure if you need it." I chuckled, while they eggs were starting to burn already. Yes she's that distracting. "Love your confidence though."

"Well, I love you." She whispered softly, and every word hit me right in the heart like an arrow, melting me, making me swoon.

"I love you." I whispered back, not wanting to say too, because I didn't want to just agree. Like yeah she said it first, again, but that didn't mean I meant it any less. Damn we are entering the I can't say I love you enough stage. And I fucking wouldn't have it any other way. "I'll text you though." I smirked, already looking forward to her bantering answers and flirtatious choice of words.