8 🌙 Bad taste of hookups

Jules Martin

The sound of what I thought was a hurricane swirling through my room woke me up, making me lift my head from my pillow. My sleepy eyes instantly caught Mara, picking her clothes up from the floor in a hurry. Shit, Last night really happened... Sleeping with her instantly felt like a mistake when, the sole reason I did was to forget about that blonde with the cute nose and contagious smile. In a few hours she had managed to creep into every one of my thoughts, from wanting to hold her to the disappointed look on her face when she left to find Zander. That was the worst of them all, she had a boyfriend, clearly not mine to have, yet I wanted to know her so badly.

"What a-are y-you doing?" My words faltered, while my head fell back into the pillow with a groan.

"I'm late for class! You should have set an alarm." She huffed a little annoyed while putting on her top and it made me roll my eyes at myself and more specifically last light's events. I should have set an alarm? I don't even have class... I should have told her to leave before she started kissing me again and I couldn't stop. No, you know what, I should have said something when she was calling out Luna, although she didn't seem to need my help. It was definitely attractive to watch her stand up for herself, because an independent girl, that's fucking sexy. But why can't I shake the disappointment on her face when she left? Not even after sleeping with... Never mind I don't want to think about that...

I sighed deeply, because even though I regretted all of it, I wasn't going to be the asshole that doesn't bother enough to get up and open the door for his one-night stand. Not that it made it any better. I flipped a cap off my drawer and hid my messy bed hair with it, twisting it backwards, before putting on some sweats and a T-shirt. She walked past me and I could feel the awkwardness in the air, when I opened the door for her. Please, Just make this quick... Damn I sound like an ass.

"Last night was fun right?" She turned around with a smile on her face, her mascara smeared underneath her eyes, but she still managed to look nice and polished. However, what was fun for her wasn't really something I wanted to repeat.

I leaned against the door frame, my hands in my pockets, trying to find my words. "Sure." I sheepishly smiled at her, not wanting to tell her it wasn't the best. When Mara started kissing me, the distraction I needed, presented itself on a silver platter with her name on it and I brainlessly took it. I shouldn't have, I know better now. I should have told her to leave me, so Luna could have stayed, sleep it off because she was so drunk she couldn't think straight. I hope she doesn't wake up with any regrets.

"Sure, huh?" Mara smiled and pulled me away from the girl I had been thinking about too many times since I saw her at the game. It was like I saw her, and she was the only one real in that moment. "Sure enough to do it again some time?" She smirked up at me, her hands flat against my chest. Oh shit.

My eyes widened, not knowing what to say. "Uuhm..." I was speechless, while my mind told me to be truthful. "I, I d-don't think that a good i-i-idea" I cussed at myself for stuttering so badly, nervous to tell her. I looked at the expression on her face with a sigh, but she surprised when not a single muscles in her face weakened that smirk.

She leaned in to my ear, barely making it because of the height difference, but close enough though. "Say that again when you're horny after a game. You'll want more." She whispered and I mentally sighed the deepest of all sighs. I doubt it, but thanks. My head did the opposite of my thoughts as I found myself just nodding to satisfy her, hoping it was enough to leave me alone. "I really have to go now." She whispered again, trying to lure me in to her tempting lips, but I wasn't falling for that again. When she saw I wasn't in for a kiss she just turned around on her heel, my gaze following her out of the hallway, watching her blonde hair bounce behind her shoulders and it brought my mind back to a certain very unattainable girl. I need to stop thinking about her... Out of all the girls, the world decides to stand still for her... Fuck I need to get her out of my mi- The noise of a door slamming shut on the other side of the hallway pulled me away from her in my thoughts and made me follow the sound, until my gaze met... Her. Great.