38 🌙 Three musketeers

Jules Martin

When I say our game was off from the start, I wasn't lying. I know I shouldn't have let the idiot with the C on his jersey get to me, but he did, of course he did, how could he not, considering the size of his mouth, and maybe worse, his ego, which was now beyond shattered. Why and how I ended up with a bleeding eyebrow and a bruised cheekbone, watching everyone's jaw drop in the locker room...? It all went south after a guy named Peterson... Well, you'll see...

The rink was loud as everyone was cheering the moment we stepped out on to the ice, my eyes only watching the smile on Luna's face while the noise faded into the background. She was beautiful, wearing the most adoring look on her face, her cheeks slightly blushed and that varsity beanie she also wore back at the first game framing her face, only making her eyes pop more. If I had looked at her a second longer, coach would have yelled at me for sure for not warming up properly, but I could care less, he was going to be yelling all game anyway. Levi was the same simp, mouthing things to Grace who seemed confused as hell, trying to decipher his words through his helmet, and Ezra, well he was trying his best not to get killed by an angry Zander firing shots at him for fun, or rage, you pick.

While waiting for staff to clear the ice after warm-up and hearing some last motivation, also known as loud threats from our coach, Ezra couldn't help but be himself for one more second. "Did you see that asshole? He was using me like a target at a shooting range. I should shove my stick up his ass about now." Ezra whispered, while we watched Zander's back as he stood in front of coach, talking back because he didn't agree with game tactics.

"Chill, you wear enough padding to survive an atomic blast." Levi rolled his eyes at him, and Ezra's face was just priceless, the perfect face of betrayal.

"Chill? Chill, seriously? My stick is gonna go up yours if you say that again." He warned, and both Levi an I really tried not to laugh, proven impossible.

"What has you so on edge all of a s-s-sudden?" I frowned, suspecting this wasn't just about some damn pucks.

Ezra shook his shoulders, even through all the padding you couldn't miss his agitation. "Nothing..." He added a sigh.

"Sophia hasn't glanced at him once. That's the problem." Levi nudged him with a smirk and Ezra didn't seem to think it was funny.

"It's not because of her..." He instantly shook his head, rolled his eyes, the whole thing to mask his major lie. It sure is Ezzy. "Why would I be pissed about that?" He scrunched his nose in disgust, and even with a thousand helmets on, that still would have been visible.

"Come on, Ez. You like her..." I chuckled through coach's speech.

He instantly huffed a little bit too loud. "Sure, I love getting insulted by a girl half my height."

"Miller! Shut up!" Our coach had heard, and yelled at Ezra while he just sunk through the floor in shame, his gaze low, either because of the pitch of coach's voice or because he knew he loved it... I mean, getting insulted by that one girl, if it was the only way to get her attention. The amount of times Ezra rolled his eyes for sure was going to get him in trouble, but he just couldn't help it.

We got the signal to get out on the ice, but not without receiving a shoulder bump the second Zander passed me in the tunnel. "What the fuck." I gritted trough my teeth, but all he did was look back, shooting daggers. Such an ass. He surely remained an ass the rest of the game, cutting me off multiple times... It was like he was playing for the other team, much to my frustration. By the end of the game things got even worse, he would steal the puck from me to take his shot, missing every fucking time! He could do it once, but four times in a row was sickening, especially since Levi and I were the only people playing a decent game today. Like, Peterson from Penn State, the one Zander thought he could crush with two hands tied behind his back, was on a record streak, scoring one after the other, poor Ezra for getting booed at.