20 🌙 Don't apologize

Luna Larsson

The air was tight when I walked into the house, with a hammering heartbeat in my chest, my head filled with tension and fuming thoughts. It didn't take me long to run into a familiar face in the hallway, the face that had made me smile while my asshole of a boyfriend only caused me tears. He walked my way with a sincere and determined expression on his face. "Where is he?" I unwillingly snapped at him, throwing my anger at the wrong person. He sighed deeply, his hazel eyes soft and pleading me not to ask again, but what choice did I have? "Where is Zander!?" I repeated, my tone brutal even though he was the last person I wanted to attack, quite the opposite even. "Martin! I'm serious!" I begged him, looking up at him and the damage on his face and my fingers instantly tingled to reach up and stroke the purple on his cheeks and the cut on his lip, but now was not the time. He sighed again, obviously conflicted for some reason.

He bit his lip, trying to hold back his words, while his eyes told me so much, and when he reached out for me and delicately laced his fingers around mine a rush of calm washed over me. "Luna." His tone softly begged me, sad almost. His eyes intensely held me, his hand felt nice, too nice, and that reminded me why I was here. I want this. I wanted to think of the word nice and loving when someone touched me, to feel my heart skip when my eyes catch that special someone, that was why I was here... To not feel guilty about feeling that way. My eyes involuntary closed when his thumb caressed mine and it made my skin feel hot. "I don't-" His soft whisper faded when I pulled my hand from his, and he shook his head with frustration. I need to find him.

"Fine! I'll ask someone else..." I shrugged my shoulders. It was simple, tell me where Zander is and I would finally get to deal with all the other feelings I'm struggling with, even though the struggle was sweet. Without saying another word, I made my way into the living room, bumping into people on my quest to find my boyfriend and confront him with his lies. I didn't see him, but I saw two guys I knew for sure knew Zander. I stomped over to them, they were playing a round of beer pong while I felt a handsome shadow follow me. "Ezra, have you seen Zander?" I snapped, turning him around by his arm and he was clearly half-drunk and speechless. He looked at Levi next to him before pinning his eyes on Jules behind me. I turned around and none of this made sense. Ezra is all talk and now he decides to shut up! Great.

While all three of them eyeing at each other, I knew my best chance was to dead stare Ezra. "Luna, we can't say..." Levi sighed deeply, not even having the guts to look at me and I stopped him with a scoff.

"Let me guess, you can't tell me because of your stupid little bro-code! What about other people you're hurting with it. I know he kissed some girl last week, I know that's probably not all of it." I yelled, gathering a little too much attention from the people surrounding us. "Grow the fuck up!" I yelled once more, not bothered by the embarrassment. "I get it, he's your pal, your fucking brother, your captain, but I need to see him. You know more about this and you're all a bunch of dicks for not telling me!" I went off, scowling at them. "All of you!" I turned around to face Jules and he instantly frowned with worry, looking upset and disappointed.

"He's upstairs." Ezra sighed, lowering his gaze to the floor. Upstairs? At a party he's upstairs? I already have a feeling where this is going... Fuck.

"Idiot!" Levi scoffed at him for growing a pair and telling me.

"What! We're fucked anyway." He shook his head and I just wanted not to slap him for once, because at least he was honest.

"Thanks Ezra." I swallowed hard, and when I turned around I heard Levi's voice pull me back.

"Luna, he's not alone." He whispered with a sheepish look on his face.