24 🌙 Happy now

Jules Martin

When she fell asleep in my arms the night before, all sort of things went through my mind, however mostly one... She felt safe enough around me to fall asleep, and now chances of letting her go were getting slim, unsubstantial even. There was no going back now, because having a girl, her, drift off to unknown dreams in an unfamiliar place meant something and it made me feel like I was everything to her in that moment, and she was everything to me.

I kissed her. Damn, I'm telling her she needs time and what do I do...I kiss her. She looked so cute and adorable sitting in her car, I just couldn't resist it. Waking up next to her made me whipped, even more than I already was. It was just a small kiss, but I can't get it out of my head since it h-

"Dude, what's on your mind you look high." Ezra pulled my head out of my thoughts, nudging his elbow into my side while I was taking my skates off, and he sat down next to me.

"This m-m-morning." I shook my head at him, an eyebrow raised when I thought about him pulling me off Zander.

Ezzy instantly scoffed. "It was majorly fucked up." Talking about it only made the frustration return, the image of Zander hitting her coming back to taunt me.

"That's an unders-s-s-statement." I huffed, chugging off my shoulder gear and helmet with an eye roll.

"You're lucky his ass didn't show up for practice, he would have made your play impossible." Ezra secretively scooted closer. "This morning, when you and Luna walked away, he started crying." He whispered with a smirk on his face.

"He did?" I scoffed, tugging hard on my laces to ease my frustration. Crocodile tears for sure.

"Like a baby. You should have heard him sob." Ezra was trying to hold back a smirk and I one of my own. "I almost felt for him." He shook his head, removing some of his own gear.

"Don't s-s-ay that Ez. It's his o-o-own fault... He shouldn't have c-c-cheated." I turned to him and my deadly glare was scaring Ezra as he held his hand up in defense.

"Hey don't shoot the messenger." He widened his eyes at me. "He's an idiot, I'm not going to say he isn't, but he said that he was drunk and..." He paused at the sight of my face, my brows in a frown, my jaw clenched. "Not that it's an excuse... Jesus."

"Bullshit Ez. Luna told m-me he had been sexting t-t-that girl. He sure d-d-didn't do that drunk." All of a sudden my mood switched from floating with her clouding my thoughts too on edge and snappy while talking about our captain.

The way my mood change surely got noticed by Ez as he witnessed an eyeroll or two too many. "Hey man, I'm on her side before you think otherwise." Ezra scoffed a little. "He's our captain and all, but Luna is def girlfriend material... I bet the entire team knows. I mean if Zander didn't shoot his shot with her when he did the other horny idiots on the team would have lined up for her." That's shit to hear that I have to join the line, but I can't blame them though. "She didn't deserve what he did to her." He shook his head while his skates were finally unlaced and his entire gear was off. "He really hit her?"

"Flat h-handed." Another scoff escaped me with disgust. "She looked s-s-so scared, I j-just lost it."

"Don't feel guilty about it... I would have too if I ha-"

"I don't." I cut him short, throwing the rest of my gear in front of me on the floor, my jaw so clenched that it almost hurt.

"Good. Hey I'm meeting Levi in a sec at the house to play COD, you coming?" He raised his brows with a smirk while he grabbed a towel from his bag.