5. Can you please listen? - Sierra

After splitting one of my sedatives in half, I beg my friends not to tell the staff about nearly passing out

After splitting one of my sedatives in half, I beg my friends not to tell the staff about nearly passing out. I swallow the pill with a splash of water, then apologize profusely to the nurse in the hallway about throwing up in the garbage can on my way out. He waves me off with a good-natured smile and said he hopes I feel better.

I tell Lizzie and Zane goodbye outside of the hospital as Brian fetches his car. "Sorry that this became the day from hell," I say to Lizzie as she hugs my waist.

"Don't be. I'll text you later, but if you need me sooner, don't hesitate."

The vehicle comes to a full stop in front of me, and before I can grasp the handle, he's jogged around the front of his car to help me inside. "I can get into the car," I say, sighing.

The earth tilts, and I sway on my feet as the sedative attempts to pull me under.

"Humor me."

I slide down the plush seat as he gently closes the door, then walks around the back of the car to slip in next to me. He puts the car into drive but doesn't move, keeping his green eyes on mine. "Home?"

"Please."

"You got it."

Palpable tension pumps into the air as buildings blur past, wind breezing through our hair. As he slows the car to a halt at a light, he studies me, flickering his eyes over me. I press my lips together and look back at him.

He tilts his head to the side, concern flitting over his features. His eyebrows pinch together and he clears his throat. A horn blares behind us, and he snaps his head forward. It's our turn to move.

Weary, sick, and exhausted, I lean over, sliding both my arms around his bicep and hug tightly, settling my head on Bri's shoulder. An inkling of his cologne tickles my nose, and it makes me smile.

The car quietly hums as neither of us speaks. Even though we have a lot to say, a ton to apologize for, we don't. At least not with our words. Instead, he kisses the top of my head and shifts to a more comfortable position, and I close my eyes.

My tongue feels like it weighs ten pounds, and my voice is a jumbled murmur. "You'll always be my guy, B."

His chest rumbles while saying words back that I can't hear as I succumb to sleep.

"Hey," Brian whispers, gently mussing my hair. "Home."

"Mmm."

He helps me stumble into the building, the elevator, and into our condo. I assure the doorman that despite my diminished appearance, Brian is a welcomed guest.

"I'm going to go change," I say to Bri. "Be back in a sec."

As I return to the living room, I wrap a thick quilt around myself. Bri replaces the framed photo of him and I on the mantle above the fireplace as I plop down on the soft sectional, pressing my cheek to the back cushion. Brian posts his shoulder against the couch, laying his head on the top while he angles to face me.