Sierra's sappy letter.

Dear Nicholas,

This letter is my pitiful, poetic attempt at letting you know what you mean to me. My chance to explain how your love makes me feel, and how it changed my life.

Today's another day of me trying to piece my soul into something else. But today all I can think of as I stare at the enormous ocean is you.

So, as you work, I try to pinpoint the reason why we came here. While the waves rake the shore and the sun warms my skin, I collapse onto my towel in the soft sand and appreciate the life we've built together, and the future we plan to live out.

Some say you have to love yourself to truly love somebody else. But I think once I met you and your family, I unlocked a part of myself I didn't realize existed.

Our lives crashed together in this quiet way that night on the quad, and I thought I lost my chance twice before we found each other again. Right person, wrong time. The only person. Just needed more time.

Millions of phrases and beautiful prose have been used to describe love, and I hope I can do ours justice. If I can't, I'll just find a Taylor Swift song and tell you I wrote it about you.

I started making lists in my journal of what it feels like to be in love with Nicholas James Garrett. It may get corny or sarcastic; let's see where this free association goes.

Loving you is like coming home after the longest day ever. No, it's like realizing I'm already home, and that home is heaven. One of your legendary hugs and your deep, sexy voice near my ear is like sliding into a warm bath. It's peace. Living with you, being near you—just us loosely wrapped around each other on the couch while I read is peace.

I can take daring chances with you around because you make me feel safe and brave. Even when I was at my most fearful this year, your voice and presence could calm me because I knew nothing could ever truly ever touch me if I have you.

Being loved by you is a whole other life I didn't think I'd ever stumble into. It's lying on the beach with my eyes closed while the sun heats my skin. It's kissing you in the rain underneath your jacket where you keep us dry and warm while the storm pelts over top of us. It's everything good and happy that I didn't know I was missing.

I'm still not sure I know how to handle your wild, beautiful heart. Your passion and ambition. But I'll gladly spend all the rest of our days trying to figure out my favorite puzzle: you.

Love you in a million little different ways, all yours forever and ever,
Sierra