18. I barely recognize this place. - Nick

All week, I've wracked my brain how to repay the gesture of the surprise photos

All week, I've wracked my brain how to repay the gesture of the surprise photos. Sexy photoshoots before weddings are something I've heard about, but I never dreamed my fiancée would bless me with one. I don't think I should reciprocate.

A stroke of brilliance comes to mind after my mom confirms our engagement party at their house a few days beforehand, and I call in reinforcements.

📱 NICK
Can you help me figure out what size dress I should get for Sierra?

📱 ARI
She's a size 8.

NICK
I really don't understand women's sizes.

ARI
Me neither.

NICK
Thanks, Short Stack 😘

ARI
Welcome. 😘

Friday afternoon, I leave the office earlier than usual, stopping at a strip of boutiques she's shopped at before. I squint at the sign in the bright sunshine, wondering why I thought I could pull this off. Totally out of my element, I wander around the shop.

The music is louder than Abercrombie + Fitch, and sweet perfume hangs in the air. Racks of trendy clothing that all look the same to me until SiSi appears in them line the walls. No clue where to begin.

"Can I help you?"

"Oh, thank God," I say, whirling to find a sales associate. We exchange a smile, and I take a step closer. "Can you help me find a dress for my wife? Like, a nice black one, maybe?"

"Sure," she says, chuckling. "Follow me."

I slip my phone from my pocket and thumb through. "This is what she looks like."

When I arrive home, I peek around for Sierra, finding her standing at the mirror in the bathroom off our bedroom, twisting her hair into some sort of low bun adorned with loose braids. As I appear in the doorway, she reaches to lower the blaring music. "Hi, sweetheart!"

Meeting her eyes in the mirror, I slide my hands around her waist and kiss her shoulder. "Hello, beautiful."

Eyebrows drawn together, her eyes flicker from me to the garment bag I hang up next to the mirror. "You went to Zoterelli's?" she asks as I lean over to flip the shower on.

"Uh-huh, see if it fits," I say, stripping my shirt off.

"Nick! What is it? Eek, okay, let me finish my hair!"

Steams billows over the top of the shower curtain as it heats up, and as I undo my belt, SiSi furiously swipes on her phone. I burst out laughing as the song "Candy Shop" starts playing. "Come on, baby, let me see you strip."

I just laugh, shaking my head.

"Come on," she says, pouting out her lower lip.

"SiSi," I chuckle, turning red.