31. Garrett Bubble. - Sierra

The need to stare at my dress is magnetic

The need to stare at my dress is magnetic. They zipped me in ten minutes ago, and now I'm dying for the next step. Meeting Nicholas.

Nat stoops down, fussing with my train, and her colorful language has me giggling. When I glance up, both of the moms stand to my left with teary smiles. My mom grazes a hand down my arm, then places it on my waist. "It's such a beautiful dress, Sierra."

I swallow hard. That's sweet, but I feel uncomfortable with this moment. "Thank you."

I try not to squirm at her eyes shining with tears. "I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you," I repeat, fanning my eyes before clearing my throat. She steps back as Natalia announces she'll grab the photographer, then we're moving to the next location.

My dress is dramatic, but hard to walk in. I'm already eager to remove the chapel train so I don't feel like something is stuck to my shoes as I walk.

Natalia and I snap a few pictures in the courtyard while we wait for the photographers to take professionally posed shots. Rachel and Kenny, a lighthearted married couple, take dozens of pictures of me, then add Natalia in.

"Yay, they're here!" Nat claps her hands. "Look toward the gate until Luke gets him to the right spot."

Deep breaths. I turn my head and patiently wait as the two men are positioned, the air rolling through my body as I force myself to remain calm.

"Nick?" I ask softly.

His voice is low and sweet. "Hi, Sunshine."

"Ready?" Kenny asks, and I hear Nick exhale a long breath.

"Sierra first," Rachel instructs. I slowly swivel, finding Nick facing away from me in his suit.

I loop my arm over his shoulder, and he places a lingering kiss on my hand. "I already know when I turn around that my heart is going to either explode or stop beating."

Hands stuffed in his pockets, Lucas stands tall and proud beside Nick in a fitted two-piece navy suit as we smile brightly at one another.

All the men didn't care whether they wore the exact same clothing, so Nat decided on their behalf early on. Luke's bright brown shoes are polished to perfection, and his blush tie matches Natalia's gown.

"Luke! You look amazing!"

"Ah, thank you." He flushes bright red, shaking his head, smiling widely, "You look incredible, Sierra."

Nick throws up his hands. "You guys! Please let me see!"

"Okay," Rachel confirms, snickering, "Go ahead, Nick."

Photographs are snapped at shutter speed. Unlike my slow turn, Nicholas spins to face me, and the whole world stops. My knees are weak as I drink him in.