39. I'm worried about a lot. - Nick

Later that afternoon, Sierra cradles the cat, watching TV in our living room while the dog crashes out on her bed in front of the fireplace

Later that afternoon, Sierra cradles the cat, watching TV in our living room while the dog crashes out on her bed in front of the fireplace. All afternoon, she's been trying to force friendly relations. It's not going great.

The dog's tail whaps against the ground as I enter the room, hands tucked into my pockets. I lean against the doorway, smiling. The sight of her in her element with two pets is just too cute. "Hi, girls."

"Hi! Come here, Nicholas." Sierra gently places the cat on all four paws on the couch, then scoots forward to let me sit behind her. "Are you hungry for dinner?"

"Starving."

"There's the leftover chicken I made last night, or we could make dinner. Actually, I feel like a giant salad from Shannon's. Does that sound okay to you?"

"Sure. Can I have a turkey wrap?"

"Definitely!" I squeeze her to me as she launches the delivery app on her phone. We pick out food, cuddling into our little Garrett Bubble on the couch. Her phone dings and I watch a banner pop up with Natalia's name. "Ohmigosh! Nat said the video she had made from the wedding is ready! We'll have to watch it while we eat dinner."

Natalia gathered all the videos she made, and sent out a mass inquiry for more before and sending it to a production company. She was intent on a professional a wedding video as a present, and we've been patiently waiting for our surprise. I just know it's going to be amazing if Nat had her say in things.

I close my eyes and nuzzle my face into her neck. Her skin and hair feel and smell heavenly. In a pair of soft pink shorts and a low-cut shirt, she looks like a Saturday afternoon snuggle. "Sounds perfect," I say, sighing.

She rests her head on my chest, and I draw a thumb up and down her arm as we talk about nothing while waiting for the delivery. It feels amazing to be together. Happy. I wish every day could be like this.

At her request, they allowed Sierra to commandeer more daytime than nighttime events in the past few weeks. If only it were so easy for me to reciprocate with my schedule. After my monumental screw-up over the summer...I have something to prove these days.

She curls into me more. "Did you tell Ariella about the dog?"

"Nope."

"I'll text her a photo later."

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something."

"Hmm?"

"Do you want to spend New Year's Eve alone? Or should we start making plans to have people over? It'll be Thanksgiving then Christmas before we blink."

"Um, I don't know," she says with a shrug. She stretches out, and I groan as her elbow gently presses into my stomach. "What do you think?"

I lightly pinch her nose in response. "Well, I think I love spending time with you alone any chance I get, but I'd also be happy to have people over." I gesture to Beesly; paws in the air as she snores on her back. "We can show off our new girl."