33. Disgusting?! - Nick

"I can't wait to ditch this train!" Sierra says, her hands pressed to her face as I pull the rest of it into the room behind her, then softly click the door shut

"Do you need a hand? Want to sit for a few?"

"Oh, I can't. We can't. They're going to summon us soon for pictures."

"Really? I'm starving."

"No surprise there," she says, sending me a wink. "Can you open the front pocket in that zipper part of the bag there?"

I spin around, finding the bag on the long white countertop in front of the mirror. "Geez, this weighs as much as the cat. Wait, is the cat in here?" Rifling through the pocket, I snag a box and hold it up for inspection. "This? Or were you going to feed me a protein bar so I don't get whiny?"

She nods, her voice a bit bashful. "Sorry, no. That's for you, husband, because I love you more every minute."

"Babe." I peel the box open and smile tenderly at her cutesy present, running my thumb over the cold silver links of the steel blue-faced watch. The one already clamped to my wrist easily slides off, and I replace it with the classic piece she gifted. "I love it, Sunshine."

Hands folded over her mouth, Sierra smiles at me as I spin around, waving my phone in the air. In a few quick swipes, I get to the correct screen; one I've been dying to reveal for months. "And now, I have a gift for you."

Her lips move as she reads to herself; piecing details together. Her body jerks as she throws her hands out, gasping. "Shut up! Are you serious? Oh my gosh!"

"Joking about a European honeymoon would be pretty cruel."

Laughing giddily, Sierra slips my phone into my pocket, then slides her arms around me. "And nobody would ever call you cruel, Nicholas Garrett. This is incredible!"

"Nor you, Sierra Garrett."

She sighs, repeating her married name. "I like it."

"Me too," I whisper before connecting our lips.

*****************

"So hungry," I say with a sigh after the hundredth picture, and lay a kiss on Sierra's bare shoulder. "How are you hanging in there?"

SiSi nods slightly, glancing up at me from her spot in the picturesque meadow; her hair swept back from the wind at the same tempo as the tall grass swaying around us. She tips her face to the sky just as the sun slips behind a whispery cloud. "Hungry, yeah."

"You three are all set!" Rachel calls, waving a hand to dismiss Mike, Luke, and Ari.

"I can ask what's-his-face to bring you something?" Ariella suggests over her shoulder. She taps her chin, pursing her lips. "Where are AJ and...oh, got 'em! Have fun!"