3. I hate fighting with you. - Brian

"Where are we going?" Lauren hisses, clutching my hand tighter as I lead her down the dark aisle

"Where are we going?" Lauren hisses, clutching my hand tighter as I lead her down the dark aisle. "Can't we sit back here so we can duck out after?"

"Shh, just come with me. I can see my dad."

His signature polo shirt with the Anderson's company name embroidered over the breast pocket sticks out to me in the third row, way on the opposite end of the middle section.

The sharp aquiline outline of my mom's nose over her brilliant smile confirms it's the right spot. She turns her head to speak to my little sister Julia two seats over, catches sight of us rushing down the carpeted slope, and flags me down.

"Excuse me, sorry," I murmur, squeezing past a couple of pairs of knees in the dark before sinking into an auditorium chair.

Lauren's chair creaks as she slides down next to me with a slight sigh. Can't recall the last time I was here, but it's always amusing to be in my high school auditorium.

Memories of goofing around with my best friend Jackson, and Kenna, and...SiSi. My mind wanders for a second, my stomach sinking before I clear it. All good memories. And it should stay that way.

Besides, we're here to see a play for kids ranging ages 12-17, and that will be enough drama in and of itself. Man, that's a next-level pun I'd love to share, but Lauren wouldn't appreciate it.

Julia perks up, waving wildly. "Brian!"

"Hi, nena!" I wave back, flashing her a grin as I whisper-yell a few seats down past my brothers. "Chris, Josh."

"Sup?" Chris says, shifting before moodily plopping his chin onto his hand.

"Mierda," Josh mutters, side-eyeing Lauren. "¿La trajiste aquí?"

"Vete a la chingada. Ow!" I wince as a sharp object smacks the back of my head.

"¡Ojo!" Abuela Grace's sharp tongue cuts through my invitation for my brother to go pleasure himself.

"Ay, lo sien..." I swivel in my chair to find Zane and Lizzie directly behind me. My grandma had leaned over Z to smack me with her rolled-up play program. My apology drops off as I glimpse the blonde seated beside Abuela several chairs away in the row behind us. Sierra flickers her eyes over to mine, holding my gaze for a second as music swells onstage.

Reluctantly, I turn in my chair, swallowing hard. I hunch over and run my hands over my face. She's here? How did she...why is she...

My baby sister Sabrina pops out with other kids, delivering her line with nerves shaking in her voice. Her eyes flit over our row, catching all of us there to support her, and she lifts her chin. The next time she speaks, there's a noticeable change in her confidence.

I try fighting off the urge, but I can't; glancing over my shoulder a few times toward Sierra as the first part plays out. My chin kisses my shoulder as I make eye contact with her again.