EMMA

I came back to my apartment and freshened up first and changed into some comfortable clothes. Then I ordered some Thai food from my favorite deli a few blocks away as I was too lazy to cook right now. I settled on the couch in my living room with my laptop and face timed my bestie.

" Hey Emma, wassup?” I asked when she picked my call.

“Hi bestie, nothing much. Sorry, I couldn’t wish you luck in the morning. But my wishes are always with you. I slept late last night because my boss asked me to stay back late to work on an important assignment and we lost track of time and I reached my apartment around midnight and went straight to bed. Can you imagine, I didn’t even have dinner.” Wow, she must be really tired because she loves food. Forget about skipping a meal, she sometimes eat 4 meals in a day but still doesn’t gain any weight.

So damn lucky.

“Anyways, you tell about your big interview with that hottie?” I just rolled my eyes at her apology. I already knew she would have her reasons and there is no need to say sorry between best friends.

“Have you met him?” I was surprised that she has met him and haven’t told me anything.

" I wish. I have only seen him in magazines. He is really sexy. You know he’s my celebrity crush like yours is that stupid Raymond Grey. Calvin is far hotter than him.” She said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“Don’t fall for his charms , he’s a playboy. And don’t say anything bad about Raymond. He’s unique.” I warned her.

“Oh please, I should be the one to tell you that because he could be your future boss. And you will eventually forget about Raymond when you’ll be working closely with Calvin.” She gave me a sly smile.

“Actually, I got selected on the spot and he is my boss now. I’m employed at the best company in New York. ” I told her excitedly.

“OH MY GOD. WOW WOW WOW. You’re gonna work with that hottie and see him everyday. You’re so lucky.” She shouted on top of her voice and nearly burst my ear drums. She was actually more happy and excited than me.

“Lucky yes, because I got the job but seeing him everyday is hard job bro. It’s not like I can do anything and his charms would only distract me from working and I don’t want any distractions while I’m working. I’ll have to maintain some distance from him. ” I told Emma.

“WHY ? What’s so hard in that ? Seeing your beautiful face, it would be much harder for him. If you know what I mean.” She playfully winked at me.

“Oh God Emma! Stop it .” She had the dirtiest mind. She always cracked such double meaning jokes. At first I would be confused but her company has made my mind and thoughts dirty so I get them easily now.

Emma laughed as if it was the best joke she made.

“I’m so happy for you but a tad bit jealous also. ”

" Oh please, there's nothing to be jealous about. He's not that hot."

Liar

Emma just rolled her eyes at my poor attempt to deny the attraction. I swiftly changed the subject before she could pry any further.