BACK TO UNIVERSITY

Calvin and I were roaming in the busy streets of Manhattan while holding hands. We were thinking about what to eat. We had a variety of options to choose from. After a lot of thought, we decided to have a little bit of everything we like. That's how a foodie's mind works. Calvin was also becoming a foodie, thanks to my great company.

First we landed on a very famous hotdog cart and ordered one for us. People from all over the city came here to relish a fantastic hotdog. There is absolutely no comparison between restaurant style food and street food. This is the real deal. I love street food coz its actual food. I would prefer a 3$ hotdog over an 80$ steak anyday.

Then we walked some distance and stopped at Los Tacos No. 1. It was widely popular among the masses for its adobada Quesadillas, crispy corn tortillas and ofcourse the irresistable tacos. We ordered a serving of their Quesadillas and tacos. It was a miracle that our stomach's didn't explode. We were filled upto our throats and decided to take a long walk.

The weather was great and we enjoyed ourselves a lot. We talked about our families and the fact that we need to meet each other's families sometime soon. My family knew that I was seeing someone but they didn't know the whole story. I wanted to tell them the details in person after they get to know Calvin a little. Whereas, Calvin's mom didn't know about me at all. He told me that his mother knew he didn't do relationships and none of his conquests have met his mother. He wanted to introduce me to her in person and that thought warmed my heart. I told him that I was really looking forward to meet her someday. He was also excited about the idea of us going to meet my parents someday. The glint in his eyes told me that he was serious about that and also about me.

We are young and in love.

After spending some quality time we returned back to my apartment. I had messaged Emma earlier informing her that Calvin would be staying here tonight and she replied instantly. She texted that she would be staying at Michele's so that we could have some privacy. She was so considerate. She knew we had to discuss the issues we were having. After a while another message came.

" Use protection and don't break the bed😉. "

Emma has such a dirty mind.

I didn't bother replying to that.

Calvin was in the washroom taking a hot shower. I had already changed into some comfy PJ's. Calvin came back out a while later wearing just a towel. My gaze followed the drop of water that travelled from Calvin's neck down to his chest then went down in the towel after tracing the V that led down there.

Sweet mercy. I was drenched down there. 

Calvin gave me a knowing smirk and proceeded to wear some clothes. I was grateful for that because it was not the time for that, we had to discuss something important.

After he was finished dressing he joined me on the bed and slid under the covers. He had a serious expression which meant he knew we had to have a difficult conversation.

It's important to have difficult conversations for maintaining a healthy relationship.

" Calvin please try and understand that I can't work for you because people will think wrong about me. I have to give preference to my reputation."

" Sophia I understand where you're coming from and I know it'll be difficult for you to come back to the job but I have a solution and I'm asking you to come back not because you're my girlfriend but due to the fact that you're an excellent employee. If we weren't dating, which I'm glad is not the case, I would still not let you leave. I've decided to do a press conference and come clean about our relationship so that no one would question your reputation. I even think that you deserve a promotion. You have a hell lot of potential and you're a fast learner. You've been trained personally by me and you're performance has improved greatly. I want you to come back to work not as my personal assistant but as a Marketing chief for Smith & Co. Just consider it before you say anything. "

I was overwhelmed by so much praise and good words that Calvin said to me.

" I appreciate the kind words you said to me and I would have loved to join back the company but I don't have the qualifications that are required in a Marketing chief. I haven't done my post graduation yet. So I don't think you should offer me this job. Someone more educated than me deserves this post."

" Stop undermining yourself. I wouldn't have offered you the job if I thought that you were incapable of doing it. Infact, you're perfect for this job. Believe me, I'm not saying this because I love you. I love you that's why I'm telling you the reality. You deserve this job. But if it makes you feel any better than I would be happy to have you join me after your post graduation, if you want to do it."

" I do want to complete my education but I have to think more about your generous offer. "

" By the way, why didn't you complete your post graduation, if you don't mind me asking."

" No it's okay. My parents are very simple people and we don't have a lot of money. I didn't want to pressurise my parents for the money and I had a lot of student loan on me. So I decided to take a job after graduating and pay off all the loans and save money for post graduation. Now that I have paid off the debt and saved some money for further studies, I can actually think about post graduation."

" So it's settled that you'll do your post graduation and then come back to the company. And don't worry about money, I'll take care of all the expenses for the course. "

" No Calvin please. If I'm gonna do it then I want to do it on my own expenses."

" Okay but if you ever need anything just tell me, don't hesitate. I'll always be with you."

" I know that's why I love you." I gave him a grin.

" I love you too Soph. Now it's late we should sleep. We have to go to work tomorrow even though I want nothing more than just staying here with you in my arms."

" Yeah I know. But we should sleep. Good night Calvin."

" Good night pancake." Calvin gave me a playful wink.

So what do you guys think about this chapter? Tell us in the comments below. Please follow our book and share it with others. Keep reading ❤️.