TAKE TIME

I got free from work five minutes late and as I stepped out of the building I saw Calvin waiting in the car for me. So on time.

“Hey there.” I opened the car door.

“Hey. You look so drained.”

“I know. I was swamped with work all day.” I held him and kissed me with all that I had.

“What I needed the most.” Calvin said.

“So did I.” I said.

After this Calvin stopped by this amazing salad place in manhattan. We grabbed the order and ate it in the car. I had a strong iced coffee too since caffeine would be the only thing that’ll help get through the night of homework. We talked about our days. He told me that he got a new assistant. Is she pretty? I wanted to ask him that. I was curious and wanted to see her. I asked him if she’s getting on with the work. He told me that she’s really good and is learning things fast. I was jealous now.

“Is she better than me?” I couldn’t resist.

“How can you even ask that , Soph?” He was annoyed.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t resist asking you. It’s just I was attached to that job. And It was my first real job and that’s where I met you. So it’s okay for me to be paranoid about it.” I blurted out.

“Sophia, what is this exactly about? I got a new assistant or that she’s a girl?” Calvin asked me and I didn’t know how to answer that.

“Little bit of both. Or maybe......she’ll be there with you every time. And she is taking kind of my place. I mean I don’t know. Couldn’t you have kept a guy or something?” I was being really childish but I couldn’t control it.

“Listen baby, ever since I laid my eyes on you there’s nobody else I’ve wanted this much. And nobody I’ve ever been attracted to this much. Nobody can for once take your place in my life. Sophia, you’re the only girl I want to spend my every second with. You should know that. And you should also know how fucking much I love you. So don’t ever bring these stupid thoughts in your mind. And it doesn’t matter who I spend time with. You’re the only I’m thinking about every time anyway.” Calvin explained me.

“Yeah. I know that. But I’m being entitled to a little bit of jealousy. I’m not a super woman.”

“Oh so now you’re jealous. And when I was the one , you practically scolded me.” Calvin spoke.

“That was for punching Alex and for not being jealous.” I cleared myself.

“Whatever.” Calvin faked annoyance.

“Honestly Calvin I’m happy I cleared this out with you otherwise I would have kept thinking about it.”

“Me too. But never think about this ever again.”

“I know. I’m sorry. I said to Calvin.

“Don’t be sorry. It’s not easy.” Calvin gave me a peck on the cheeks.

We enjoyed each other’s company for a while. And he dropped me back home but not before we made out. And as always it was splendid. His tongue in my mouth makes me go weak in the knees.

I reached back my apartment. Emma was there on the couch watching some movie. So I sat there with there. It’s been long we spend some time together. So we decided to have a movie night tomorrow. After some chit chatting I got back to my room and started working on some assignments that I had to submit tomorrow. It’s gonna be a long day tomorrow. It’s not as easy as I thought it to be. But I need to. Don’t lose your motivation. I’ve gotta go back and work with Calvin. And studying is the only way I can do that.

NEXT MORNING

I had slept pretty late so I was still sleepy. I gathered all the force to leave my bed and get ready for the day ahead. I had four classes and then work. Brace up Sophia.

I was wearing my clothes when I got a message from Calvin.

Morning babe, When should I pick you up?’

I was confused on what to reply. He has to come all the way to pick me up. This isn’t right. But this is how we’ll spend time. But then it hit me that today Emma and I made movie plans and later on I have assignments to do so I can’t go back to his apartment. Therefore I messaged him to pick me up.

He looked dashing when I saw him today. I was head over heels again. We talked for a bit and then the driver dropped me there and they took off. He also told me to call Liam whenever I get free but honestly I was shy. I didn’t like that. I’ll call him if I’m tired.

The day was long. I had back to back to four classes and then I studied for a bit in the university library. When I was done with my work I walked to the editing office. I put on earphones and listened to some music on the way.

I had a lot of editing to do. So time went by a blink in there. I called Emma as soon as I was free. She came down to my office and we both went for the movies. The movie was great and after we were done Emma and I went to have dinner at this new Spanish restaurant which served some great food. I had already told Calvin about the plans and even he had meeting so he wasn’t available. We went back home after some good time.

“Soph, wanna watch another movie?” Emma asked.

“No, I gotta study.” I replied.

“Damn. But good for you.” She said.

“I’m too tired to think if it’s a good thing. So good night to you and a study night to me.”

“Good night. Don’t sleep too late.”

Hey everybody. Hope that you’re enjoying our book. And thank you for all the love. Keep it coming. And also like share and comment your views❤️