THE BIG MISUNDERSTANDING

SOPHIA'S POV

I woke up the next morning feeling really good. The weekend was near and I was really hoping to spend it with Calvin. I was also looking forward to seeing his handsome face this morning. We just saw each other the day before yesterday but a day without him feels like weeks to me. I miss him badly. I picked up my phone with the expectation of seeing his message but there was none. I was disappointed a little. I sent him a 'Good Morning :)' message and went to the washroom to relieve my bladder. When I saw my face in the mirror I noticed a cut on my forehead. Must've happened during the fight. It wasn't too deep so I cleaned it with an antiseptic and applied a band aid on it. Calvin will definitely ask about this. So I decided I would tell him everything and also apologize for lying. It doesn't feel good hiding something from him.

After that I took a long shower and got dressed in some casual jeans and T-shirt. I checked my phone for his reply but he didn't respond yet. He must be really busy. After having my morning coffee and some cereal I left the apartment. I expected that Liam would be here by now but he wasn't. He was never late so maybe Calvin must've forgot to tell him. I didn't let that bother me very much and went by my day. I took a cab to the campus.

I attended my classes but I wasn't completely focused today. I kept checking my phone for his reply but I never came. After class I tried calling Calvin but it went to voicemail everytime. I was getting a little worried by now so I called his office and his assistant picked up the call. She told me that he was swamped with work and couldn't attend any calls right now. I left a message saying that he should give me a call when he's free.

Calvin was always very thoughtful but today he didn't even send me a message saying that he would be busy. I understand that work must be crazy but its the least he could do. I thought about swinging by his house later tonight to talk to him. I had a lot to talk about. But that was before I got to know that I was staying late at work tonight also. Aaarrghhh. Life has been annoying the past few days. But on a positive note they gave us tomorrow i.e Friday off. So I'll have the whole weekend off. I could finally spend time with Calvin now. I messaged him telling this and also called Emma asking her to pick me today. I can't depend on cabs and walking wasn't an option after yesterdays events. She was free after work and agreed to pick me up.

I finished with all the work around 11 and messaged Emma that I was done. I packed up my stuff and waited for her. I asked Willa if she was doing okay and how she was going home tonight. She told me she was better and her boyfriend was coming to get her. I said goodbye to her when I got Emma's text that she was here. As soon as I entered the car, Emma bombarded me with questions.

" What happened to your face? Did someone hurt you? Why isn't Calvin here to pick you up? Are you not talking to Calvin? Did you guys fight? Do I need to kill him?"

I barked out a laugh at the last one and Emma gave me a confusing expression.

" Nothing happened with Calvin, he can live. He isn't here to pick me up because he was swamped with work today. And this injury has a long story. Let's go home and I'll tell you everything. "

We got home and I told her everything about yesterday in detail. I assured her I was doing fine. She checked the wound, cleaned it and applied a new band aid on it. She had plans to stay at Michele's tonight but told me she would stay with me and take care of me. I told her there was no need and told her to go. I almost had to push her out of the apartment. She can be very stubborn sometimes.

There was still no message or call from Calvin. I couldn't go to his house because I wasn't sure if he would be there or not and it was really late. So I left him a voicemail telling him that I needed to speak to him and tell him a lot of things. The rest of the night went by me waiting for his call. I didn't even realise when sleep took over.

I woke up on the couch with sore muscles in the middle of the night and walked back to my bedroom. I tossed and turned for the rest of the night. I could feel that something was very wrong but didn't know what. Calvin was avoiding me, that was for sure. I decided to visit him in the office tomorrow after class. We need to sought out anything that's troubling him.

CALVIN'S POV

I was hurting badly but I couldn't show. I went by my day as I normally do but it wasn't easy. I didn't message/call Sophia the entire day and listening to her voicemail and reading the texts was painful enough. I didn't know why she did that to me and how long she has been lying to my face. How could I be so stupid? Believing that she loved me.

How could anyone love me, I was broken and didn't deserve anything. She was obviously here for the money. I was so foolish. I was struggling with myself all day and night on whether I should confront her or just forget her. So I turned for help to my best friend. I called Michele the next day for some advice.

" Hey man, what's up?" Michele spoke after picking up the call.

" Wanna go for drinks tonight, I want your advice on something. "

" Sure. I'm free after 7."

" 7 sounds great. I'll meet you at your place. "

" Sounds like a plan. By the way how's Sophia doing, Emma told me about everything that happened. " My blood turned cold after hearing that. What happened to my Sophia?

" What happened to her? Is she alright? Tell me dammit. " I was anxious and petrified.

Michele told me everything in detail about how Sophia was mugged the night she lied to me. I ended the call after hearing that and told Michele that there was change in plans. I was going to confront her but first I wanted to make sure she was alright. I wanted to see her. I wanted to ask her how could she do this to me after saying all those sweet things. How could she lie to my face after teaching me how to love. I wanted to know everything.

That escalated quickly. So what do you guys think is gonna happen next? A big fight or god forbid a break up. Keep reading to know that. Follow the book and shower us with your love❤️.