SPECIAL NIGHT

Calvin was so thrilled with the news and I was happy about it too. I never thought I’d get a chance to study in Columbia. I’m really looking forward for this new beginning.

I had to visit the university for the orientation and admission fees so I asked Calvin to drop me there before he goes to work. So we had our breakfast from a cafe near his apartment after we both were dressed up.

We reached the university shortly. It wasn’t that far from Calvin’s casa. Now that was a relief. Calvin kissed me and wished me luck before I got off the car.

“Call me when you are done.” Calvin said.

“Okay. Bye bye. Love you.”

“Love you too babe. Bye.” Calvin replied.

As I entered the University premises, I couldn’t stop admiring it’s beauty. It was a whole new world. I was looking for the ‘administration office’ but couldn’t find it. So I asked a girl about its whereabouts and she gladly helped me. I went to the office and asked for all the forms that I need to submit. I filled them very carefully and gave it to them after a while.

The next step was regarding the fee structure. I wanted to pay the first quarter fee but when they told me about the fees my mind blew up. This is what I have to pay for a year. Damn. What am I gonna do now? The fees was around Twenty Five Thousand American dollars. Guess, when they took me off from the waiting list they charged me for that too. I confirmed it many times just to be exact. But what the hell am I gonna do? Calvin is the only one who can help me now. But how? I told him so confidently that I don’t need him to pay. I think I might need his help now. It’s gonna be difficult to ask for it now. No it won’t be. You love him. That’s how it works. You need to share this with him, that’s what you told him to do. Now it’s my turn to do that.

The authorities gave me 4 days before I had to pay the fee because next week I had my classes starting.

The orientation was good but I couldn’t pay much attention since all this fee thing was on my mind.

Although the professors were great and I interacted with some of my classmates also. They were good too.

I grabbed a cup of coffee from the cart in University and walked back home. I’ll hail a cab if I feel tired. I couldn’t stop thinking about how I’ll ask money from him because I’ve never done that. But I have to do it.

I reached back home and went straight to bed because I was so tired. A while later Emma woke me up and asked me about all the details, I had messaged her the news after telling Calvin and I told her about the fees too. She was very happy and advised me to ask money from Calvin and that it would make him very happy.

I was reading my book when Calvin called me.

“Hey, you still there at the university.”

“No. I came back after I was done.”

“I told you to call me and I would have my driver pick you up.”

“I was good. I wanted to walk for a while.” I said.

“Are you okay? You sound low.” Calvin asked.

“Yeah. Just woke up from a nap.”

“But you don’t sound like that when you wake up. You sure you good?”

“Yeah totally.”

“Listen are you free tonight? Need to talk to you about something.” I said.