CALL WITH CALVIN

I went to my room, half asleep, my eyes heavy due to exhaustion. I did my night routine and changed into comfy PJ's and slid under the covers. Thankfully, I had unpacked before dinner. I was just going to give in to sleep but remembered to put my phone on charge. Oh no, now I'll have to get out of bed to pick it up from the dresser. There was a message from Calvin and there was no trace of sleep in my eyes. I remembered that he said he'd call before he dropped me off.

I got back under the covers and opened his message. I felt giddy with excitement like of a teen opening the message of her crush.

" You up? " I had received the message 10 minutes ago but I was in the washroom. He must be asleep right now but I still messaged him with little hope to hear his sexy voice.

" Yeah "

I didn't get any reply for a minute so I put my phone to charge thinking he must be tired and would've slept. But the loud ring of the call jerked me to the phone immediately. I smiled like crazy on seeing the name and picked up the call and answered.

'Hey'

'Hey beautiful, I thought you would be asleep by now.'

'I was just going to but then I saw your message and remembered about your call. Btw why are you not asleep? You must be really tired.'

'I couldn't sleep without hearing your voice and I was curious how Emma took the news.'

'She took it as well she could about us and she has her doubts but she trusts my decisions. But she was prepared to kill Raymond Grey when I told her. I was right not to inform her about it earlier.'

'I'm with her on that. I would've killed that bastard that night but taking care of you was more important. But if I ever see that motherfucker again, he's going straight to the hospital or maybe even hell.

'Come on Calvin, don't get yourself worked up because of him. He's not worth it. And you would do no such thing to harm him, it can get you into big trouble. I'm sure he must've learned his lesson.'

'People like that douchebag don't learn so easily. I swear if he ever lays his eyes on you I'll kill him.'

'Let's stop talking about him. I don't wanna live those moments again.'

'I'm sorry. I won't ever bring him up again. You tell me what are you wearing right now.' His tone turned husky. I also got turned on a little.

'Nothing. I'm naked under the covers.' I teased him. I don't know where did this boldness come from.

He swore under his breath.

'Are you serious? Do you sleep naked? Anyone could walk in when you're asleep you know.'

'There's no one except Emma. Plus I'm playing with you. I'm wearing a loose tshirt and pj's.' I laughed at him.

'You're such a tease. Don't joke with me on this. I was seriously considering guarding your door while you're asleep.'

'No, you weren't.' I couldn't believe him sometimes.

'No, actually I was thinking sleeping with you and protect you.'

I blushed a deep shade of red.

'No need for that now since I don't sleep naked.' I couldn't believe I was so comfortable with talking about this with him.

'I don't mind. My offer is still on the table. We could discuss it in detail tomorrow at work.' I liked the playfulness in his voice but the harsh reminder of going back to work and pretending to just be his assistant was like a punch in the gut. I wanted to discuss it with him.

'Calvin we have to be professional at work. We can't let anyone know about us. It would ruin my reputation and I don't want to be a distraction to you at work.'

'You are a distraction I want to have. But don't worry I won't let anyone know. Plus, I'm the boss so if anyone does know they won't say anything, so you don't have anything to worry about.'

'Please Calvin try to understand. It's important for me to maintain a reputable image in front of my co-workers or they would not respect me.' I was on the verge of tears thinking about the judgemental glances I would get if the news got out. It would spread like fire in the office. This relationship was not a good idea I guess.

'Hey hey, don't worry. I understand. It won't happen I promise.' He could sense my worry and constantly assured me it won't happen. I believed him.

'Let's just sleep now. We both are tired and we've a hell lot of work waiting for us tomorrow.'

'Okay. Good night, Soph. Dream about me.' I could imagine a stupid smirk on his handsome face.

'Good night, Calvin. I will.' I ended the call with a stupid smile on my face.

As promised, I dreamt about Calvin and woke up with a big grin. I was up a few minutes early so I just lay in bed and thought about all the good time we spent in LA. God, it was just a day and I was missing LA already. Maybe I was missing being with Calvin more than LA.

Yeah that sound about right. Thinking about him would never be enough so i got up and started getting ready for office.

I wore the tightest pencil skirt I possessed with a long slit. It hugged my ass in all the perfect places. I paired it with a simple white shirt and a pair of high heels. Let's just wait for the look on Calvin's face when he sees me like this.

I reached the office and head straight to the cafeteria for a much needed cup of coffee for me and one for Calv.. uhm Mr. Smith. I hope I don't call him Calvin in front of anyone.

While I was making coffee Alex, my coworker, approached me.

"Good morning Sophia. You look gorgeous today." He complimented me while eyeing me from head to toe.

" Thanks Alex. You also look good." I returned his compliment and he gave me a smile.

"So how was LA?"

We made some small talk discussing about LA and what happened here while I was gone.

Someone cleared their throat loudly behind Alex. And it was none other than the subject of my wet dreams.

Alex straightened himself when he saw Calvin and wished him. Calvin just nodded at him and moved his eyes to me.

"My office right now, Ms. Brown." There was a hint of harshness in his voice but I didn't miss the way he ogled me before. I hope the harshness was there just for show. I don't know how I would act if he just went back to the old Calvin who was rude and heartless.

I excused myself from Alex and took his coffee to his office.

What do you guys think about this chapter? Why did Calvin's behaviour change so drastically overnight? Will he change or was it all an act?

Well, stay tuned to know everything.

We would love your support and guidance. You can comment down with your views. Please follow the book to increase our engagement.

Thank you for reading ❤️.