LOVE ISN'T ENOUGH

SOPHIA'S POV

Calvin dropped me in front of my apartment building and left. I wanted to invite him upstairs but he said its okay. He understood that I needed time to think and he'll give me space and that I should remember that he loves me and is very sorry for his mistake. We wished good night and he left. I entered my apartment and saw that Emma was in the living room waiting for me. She saw my state and came running to me. My face was puffy and my eyes were red from all the crying I've been doing.

" I was just going to call you. Are you okay? What happened with Calvin? Tell me. "

We sat on the couch and I told her everything from the night I got mugged, why I lied to Calvin and what misunderstanding it caused. I told her about our fight and the mean things Calvin thought about me. It hurts to even think how little trust he had on me. He thought that I was cheating on him even though I gave my virginity to him. I was starting to question everything about our relationship. It was difficult to let it all out but Emma was patient and listened to me. When I finished, she went into deep thought and didn't speak for a while. It was difficult for her also to absorb all that at once. She is very protective of me but she's also wise and I wanted to hear what she thought I should do next. She spoke after a while.

" I'm really sorry that you had to go through all that and I know it must be very painful to go through but you should also think about the situation from his point of view. You have told me earlier that he has some insecurities and had difficulty believing in women until he met you."

I had told her about it but not the part about his father. He had told me that in confidence and I was sure he won't like anyone else knowing about it. I had told Emma that he had his reasons about it.

I nodded and Emma continued.

" You should understand that it's not easy for him too. You two didn't talk or meet very often this week and his insecurities grew. And when he found out that you were lying to him his thoughts went haywire. He assumed the worst even though you were just thinking about his best and didn't want to trouble him. So you two should try to be honest with each other about the little things. I suggest that you sleep on it and decide later."

" Maybe what you're saying is right. I should consider his side also. I'll think about it. I'm going to bed now I'm really tired. It was a long day. "

" You can go to bed after eating something. You must be starved. When did you eat last?"

" I ate at the University and I'm not even hungry. I just want to lie in my bed and rest. "

" You're not going to bed hungry, young lady. Get your lazy ass on the kitchen table and I'll prepare something for you. "

She made some chicken soup for me. It was hot and delicious. It also comforted me a little. After eating, I changed into my PJ's and slid under the sheets. I tried to sleep but my mind was running at 10 miles an hour. I couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened today. I didn't know what my next move should be. Should I break up with him? Should I give him another chance? Can I trust him with my heart again? Will he ever be able to trust me blindly?

The questions just kept coming. I tossed and turned the entire night. I'm sure I would have dark circles under my eyes tomorrow. Atleast the Fresher's party was postponed to next week. I hope everything is better by then. I was really excited to attend it before all this happened.

I must've drowsed off around 5 in the morning but was up around 10. Atleast I got some sleep. Emma was still asleep is her room so I didn't know what to do. I hoped that she could distract me from my thoughts for a while. With nothing else to do, I started cleaning the apartment starting from my room first. I kept it quiet so as not to disturb Emma. After cleaning I went to the kitchen to cook. It's been a while.

I made my favourite pancakes which reminded me of Calvin because he calls me his pancake. Emma was up by the time they were ready and we both took a seat in front of the television with our plates. We binged watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S all day. I also received a whole lot of bouquets from Calvin. He sent petunias,roses,lilies,daisies,orchids and many more and also in various colours. Our apartment was filled with bouquets and it looked like a flower market. He also sent me cards apologizing for his behaviour and for not trusting me. Emma was utterly impressed but I was still a little skeptical. No doubt I was impressed by his gestures but it wasn't making my decisions easier. His words had felt like a dagger through my heart. And it wasn't healing anytime soon.

CALVIN'S POV

I'm so so stupid. I was deeply regretting my actions and words on my drive back to the house. I acted like an asshole and drove her away. She is the only thing I want in my life. Why didn't I trust her and end up to harsh conclusions? I should've waited till I heard her side of the story. She was just trying not to trouble me. I was such a dick to her.

My words were very harsh and my intentions were to hurt her because I thought she was guilty but we both ended up being hurt. But I was also a little relieved that my Sophia is innocent. She wasn't unfaithful to me. I just hope she could find the strength to forgive me. I don't know how will I live without her. I just love her so much. I tried my best to give her space even though all I wanted to do was embrace her, kiss her and make love to her all my life. I hope it's not the end for us.

Hey guys! How did you like this chapter? Calvin and Sophia are apart, but is it forever? What are your thoughts? What would you have done if in place of Sophia? Tell us in the comments below. Keep spreading love ❤️.