Chapter 1

Life can be incredibly challenging when you're alone. Sometimes, I find myself wondering if there are people out there who are alone but still manage to enjoy life. Do they feel lonely, or do they find happiness in solitude? It's tough to forge ahead without someone to lean on.

That's precisely why I, Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, made a vow to never grow old alone.

"You don't have a manager at the moment? How do you handle your schedules? What did your company say about this?" The staff asked me, visibly frustrated because I arrived alone.

In truth, my agency showed little concern for my career. Their attitude was more like, "Go audition if you want; we don't really care." They didn't even bother assigning me a manager, as they were simply waiting for my contract to expire.

This is why I decided to audition independently, believing that once I succeeded and became famous, I would leave my current company with my head held high.

"I can manage on my own; you can tell me everything," I assured the staff, giving her my signature pleading eyes.

I needed a job, and acting was my only option.

"Alright, but please, make sure that when the shooting becomes more complicated, you ask your company for a handler," the staff sighed.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed with excitement.

The staff headed back to the lounge, and I tried to call Irin to share the good news, but she didn't pick up. I decided to wait outside, occupying one of the folding chairs meant for the actors.

Today, we were scheduled for a photoshoot to create teaser images for the upcoming drama. Securing a role in this series was a formidable challenge because the auditions demanded it all—beauty, intelligence, charm, and more. It was an R18 series, and I was paired with Non, one of the best actors in today's generation.

"Please, prepare yourselves; the CEO of the production company will be visiting," the staff reminded us.

Everyone began bustling about, organizing everything meticulously. I had heard that the CEO was exceptionally strict about cleanliness, but they also mentioned that he was quite handsome and cool. So, perhaps, I could employ my powers of seduction to leave a favorable impression.

"Becky and Non, are you both ready?" the photographer asked, and I nodded before stepping forward.

Non greeted me with a smile and guided me to the front to start the photoshoot.

Currently, I was wearing a white spaghetti strap top and red shorts, while Non sported white pants, shirtless, for the shoot.

Non positioned himself on the floor, scattered with petals, and the photographer directed me to sit on top of him.

The photoshoot progressed smoothly, and I grew comfortable with each pose, but then the staff started getting agitated.

The CEO had arrived.

"I'll just touch up my makeup," I said, wearing a big smile.

"Don't you have your own makeup artist?" Non asked.

I shook my head, "I can manage." I gave him a seductive smile and went to the restroom.

While retouching my makeup and humming to myself, someone else entered the restroom. I glanced at her from head to toe, taken aback by her sophisticated appearance.

"New staff?" she inquired.

"Actually, I'm an actor," I replied with a half-smile, somewhat offended by her remark.

"You consider yourself an actor, yet you lack grace." She scoffed, drying her hands with a tissue. "People nowadays don't seem to understand the true meaning of beauty."

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You call yourself an actor, but you're deaf," she said and huffed. "I need to speak with the director."

The girl left, and I followed her with determined steps. I didn't care if she was a visitor; she needed to learn a lesson. Without actors, this series wouldn't happen, making me a vital part of this project.

"Good morning, Ma'am," the staff greeted her with bowed heads as she passed by.

"Where's the director? I need to speak with him," the girl inquired, and they pointed to a room.

My eyes widened when I realized who she was.

But I thought the CEO was handsome and cool? That person is a girl!