Chapter 32

"You don't love her, okay?" Irin said, shaking me as if trying to shake some sense into me. "You were just infatuated. Just like Cazi. Remember how you thought you loved her? But eventually, you moved on and realized it was more of a platonic thing."

I shot Irin a glare. "Stop it, Irin. I'm getting dizzy."

"Just remember what I've said. Don't let your feelings ruin your career." Irin playfully pinched my nose.

"I know. Just stop shaking me," I replied, removing her hands from my shoulders. "I'm heading to work."

"If you happen to run into Freen again, just consider the possibility that she might have been blackmailed into that marriage or forced into it. Or just keep your focus on your job, Becky. This is your dream!" She cheered, causing me to roll my eyes.

Irin hailed a cab for me, and I arrived at the shooting location right on time. Everyone seemed to be giving me curious looks, and I couldn't quite figure out why. Was it because I had been absent for a few days? But I had already informed the director about my health issues, both physical and emotional.

"What's going on?" I asked Non.

"Some commotion happened earlier. The crew is talking to her right now," Non explained, a tinge of annoyance in his voice. "She came here looking for you."

"She? Who?" I inquired with a furrowed brow.

"Some woman showed up, looking for you. She had a tray of eggs with her, but instead of giving them to you, she threw them at your picture when she saw the fans' food truck," Non said, his concern evident. "She accused you of seducing her husband, Becky."

"Not again," I sighed, my brows furrowing even more. "I've never seduced anyone, especially not married people. Who is this woman?"

I made my way to the room where the woman was talking to Freen and the director. They appeared to be listening to her, though Freen seemed skeptical.

"There she is!" The woman pointed at me and started moving towards me. Fortunately, security guards intervened and blocked her path.

"Becky, please leave," the director urged.

I turned and suddenly felt a body pressed against mine, but it wasn't a friendly hug. I saw Freen shielding me from a bottle that the woman had thrown. It wasn't glass, just filled with water, but Freen ended up soaked.

"Let's get out of here," Freen guided me outside and into a nearby room. "Are you okay?" she asked, checking if I was injured.

"I'm fine, are you okay?" I replied, concerned about the scratch on her face and her wet clothes.

Freen touched her wound and nodded when she saw the blood. "I'm okay. It's not too painful."

I attempted to find a towel to help dry her off, but she grabbed my arm and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so relieved you're safe," she whispered, not letting go.

I gently removed her arms and stepped back. "I'll find you a towel," I said as I excused myself.

"Are you still angry with me?" Freen asked, causing me to pause and turn toward her.

"Angry?" I questioned.

In the past few days, my anger had mostly turned inward. I wasn't mad at her, but at myself for constantly thinking about her well-being. I worried if she was eating properly or if she was okay. She had hurt me, but I felt guilty, as though it was my fault.

"I'm hurt, Freen. But that doesn't change the fact that you're married," I replied calmly, glancing around.

"If I choose you over him, would you stay?" she asked again.

"Is that even a question?" I scoffed.

"I can't leave him just yet, Becky. But I promise I'll try," Freen said, moving closer to me and hugging me from behind. "These days without you have been torture, babe. I can't sleep, knowing you might not be okay because of me."

"Stop sugarcoating things, Freen. I don't want to fall for empty promises," I responded, trying to break free from her embrace, but she held on.

"I miss you. Can we just stay like this for a moment?" She whispered, burying her face in my neck. "Please, Becky, just be my escape for a while."

"I can't trust you, Freen. You won't leave Saint for me. You love him deeply, remember?" I asked.

Freen remained silent, confirming my suspicion. She loved Saint, but her desire was for me. I wasn't someone to be used for physical comfort. If she wanted me, I wanted her too, but I wasn't willing to share what I considered mine.

"Tell me how much it would cost to terminate our contract. After this series, I'll quit my job," I declared.

I wanted her, I liked her so much, but if she truly loved Saint and he loved her deeply, who was I to disrupt their relationship?

My phone buzzed suddenly, and I received a message from Irin. It contained a photo of Saint, shirtless, lying next to a blonde woman. My eyes widened.

There was a message from Irin below the photo.

"I don't think Saint is loyal, Becky. And I don't think Freen can't leave him because she loves him. This is just my opinion. But who knows? 😉"