Chapter 34

"Please have a seat," Saint offered me a chair in his office.

I went alone and asked my manager to run errands for me. I could handle things on my own, after all.

Unlike Freen's condo or office, Saint decorated his workspace with pictures of himself and Freen, from their youth through their marriage. He was evidently proud of having Freen in his life, but it left me wondering why he cheated. That particular photo of him wasn't available on the internet, but I couldn't help but suspect Irin's knack for gathering information.

But then again, what could I expect from wealthy people? They had the power to erase their presence from social media altogether if they wanted.

"It's been weeks since I offered you the chance to be our model. Now that you're here, should I assume you're considering becoming our new ambassador?" Saint asked, a smile gracing his face.

"Could I review the terms and conditions first?" I inquired.

I knew this might not be a good idea, as working with Saint meant the possibility of encountering Freen. However, I decided not to let my feelings dictate my choices. I wanted to take charge of my career and become the best version of myself. Their relationship was no longer my concern; my priority was my own success.

"When is the photoshoot scheduled to start?" I asked, offering a smile. After reading the contract.

Saint looked at me with evident relief and smiled back. "Next month. My wife and I will be heading to England to visit my family and for work. After that, we'll commence the photoshoot." He extended his hand. "Thank you for choosing FlareStyle."

"No, thank you for putting your trust in me," I replied with a smile as I shook his hand.

After the meeting, I returned home and shared the outcome with Nam. As I entered the house, I noticed Zee looking at me with excitement.

"You accepted the FlareStyle offer? You're the new ambassador?" he asked eagerly, reaching out to take my hands.

"How did you find out?" I asked, glancing at Irin. She shook her head, indicating that she hadn't informed Zee, and she was unaware as well.

"Oh, come on. I'm Saint Supp's secretary. It's just my day off today, which is why I'm here," Zee exclaimed and headed to the fridge to grab some beers. "Let's celebrate. The world is getting smaller, and soon, we'll be working together." He winked at me.

"Now, I want to join the same industry," Irin pouted, accepting a beer.

I excused myself, claiming fatigue even though I hadn't done much that day. I needed to focus on reading the scripts to prepare for tomorrow's filming.

Non called me to ask how I was doing and mentioned that there were hashtags meant to boost my spirits. I decided to look them up and read the messages from my fans.

I felt comforted. It was overwhelming to know that despite my flaws, many people could see my worth.

At that moment, I made a promise to myself. I wouldn't be defined by my past. I would emerge stronger for the sake of my fans, who had made me their role model. I was determined to live up to that role and make everyone proud.

"Becky?" Irin knocked on my door, and I opened it, raising an eyebrow.

"Zee's leaving. Don't you want to talk to him?" Irin asked.

I stepped out of my room and headed to the living room, where I saw Zee. Given that he was Saint's secretary, he would be going to England next week.

"Hey," I called out to him, and he turned to me. "Take care. You know we'll manage even without you here."

"Are you saying you can live without me now?" Zee chuckled, and I nodded.

"Don't worry about us. Let's focus on our careers. I'll take care of Irin, and she'll look out for me, if that's what's worrying you," I assured him.

Zee stood up and nodded. "Then see you in a few weeks?" he asked.

"See you soon," I replied, patting his shoulder.

I turned to Irin, and she smiled at us. Perhaps she thought I had been avoiding Zee for the past few days because I hadn't accompanied him to the airport, having waited for Freen at the restaurant. It was my fault for neglecting someone who genuinely cared for me and choosing someone who deceived me.

"I'll head out now. Take care, both of you," Zee said, grabbing his bag and waving goodbye.

After seeing Zee off, Irin stood beside me, placing her arm around my waist as she leaned on my shoulder.

"When will you tell Zee that you're moving out?" Irin asked.

I had forgotten about that part. I had decided to move out of our place because it was no longer safe for Irin, especially after I admitted that I was bisexual. Toxic fans might target her if they found out we were living together.

"Perhaps when he returns. Let me get myself sorted first."