Chapter 72

A new day, a fresh start for me. I've been off-camera these past few days, failing to update my fans about what's been happening in my life. This silence led them to attack Freen's company, accusing her of neglect. Freen, however, chose to ignore the hate, knowing she had done everything to support me during those challenging times, never breaking her promise to stand by my side.

"We're filming a pilot trailer today. Are you sure you're okay now?" Freen asked as she busily prepared my bag for the shoot.

Saif was already at school with his nanny, temporarily staying with his father. Freen mentioned that despite being married to Saint, they maintained separate houses for those times they preferred not to see each other – a quirk of the rich.

"Yep," I replied, securing my bracelet.

Seeing my struggle, Freen stepped in to help, her face so serious that it made me chuckle. She looked at me, eyebrows furrowed, "What's funny?"

"Nothing. You looked like you were heading into a battlefield with that expression," I laughed.

Freen looked at me and gently smiled. "You really look good when you smile."

"I know, right?" I sneered, glancing at the mirror. I sat at the vanity, pretending to inspect my face while secretly watching Freen return to her tasks.

What did I do to deserve this woman? I might not be lucky in some aspects, but with her, I felt complete.

"Freen," I called, and she looked at me through the mirror. "Do you still love me?"

"When did I stop?" she asked, raising her brows.

"Even at my worst?" I questioned.

"I will love you, especially at your worst," Freen said effortlessly, sending butterflies into my stomach. "Now, hurry up. Your handler will be here any minute now." She grabbed the bags and left the room.

***

Everyone buzzed with activity on the set. Freen hurried to the director's tent upon arrival, leaving me to read my lines in my tent. I was adept at memorizing scripts, so even with a day's notice, I could deliver effortlessly.

"Bec, someone's looking for you," Nam informed me with a serious expression.

"Who?" I asked.

"He's in the next tent. You can go and see him," Nam replied, ignoring my question.

Furrowing my brows, I headed to the tent she pointed to. Upon opening it, I found Saint seated on a folding chair, engrossed in a magazine, a smile on his face.

"Saint?" I inquired.

He looked up, the smile widening as he saw me. Setting aside the magazine, he stood up for a hug.

"Hi, sister. How's life?" he mischievously asked.

I rolled my eyes, taking a seat and read the magazine. "I'm not your sister. Why am I here?" I questioned.

"Just wanted to know how your life is," Saint shrugged. "You know, after all the chaos. You must be depressed."

"Don't worry," I replied, closing the magazine. "Your wife took care of me." I smirked.

Saint scoffed, biting his lip, annoyed. Now, he was getting a taste of his own medicine.

"You really love Freen, don't you?" he asked. "How does it feel that the person you love is mine?" Chuckling, he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Feels fine," I shrugged. "I love the thrill, Saint." Standing up, I faced him. "And don't be so boastful. I'll take what's rightfully mine, whether I steal it or take it from you." I whispered, walking past him, but he grabbed my arms.

"Even if I don't like her, I won't give her to you. The divorce won't happen. I'll keep her with me, whether you like it or not. And you'll forever be her secret affair."

Disgusted, I removed Saint's hand. Looking at him from head to toe, I tilted my head. "Okay." Shrugging again, I turned back. "She's going home to me anyway," I declared, not willing to engage in an argument. I needed to read my script.

"Even if she was conceived by another man?" he asked, making me stop in my tracks. I heard Saint chuckle. "You know I'm gay, Becky. Who do you think impregnated Freen?"

Silent, my body trembled.

"Want a clue?" he asked. "My ex-secretary, who happened to be your best friend." With a pat on my shoulder, Saint left the tent.

My heart pounded. I knew I shouldn't believe Saint, but the puzzle was fitting together.

Zee giving Saif a name and taking care of him as a baby – unusual for a mere secretary. And now, this? Freen was hiding something from me.