Chapter 59

The grand double doors swung open dramatically, casting a hushed spell over the luxurious ballroom. It was a space aglow with the radiance of a thousand stars and moons. Twinkling fairy lights and shimmering crescent moon decorations enveloped the room, conjuring an otherworldly atmosphere.

As I made my entrance, the gaze of a thousand eyes settled upon me. My heart raced with exhilaration, tinged with a touch of nervousness. My gown, a celestial masterpiece, enshrouded me in midnight elegance. It flowed like liquid silk, its rhinestones glinting like distant stars in the night sky. The dress's bodice was a work of art, adorned with intricate embroidery of stars and moons, each one meticulously hand-stitched with silver and sapphire thread. The moon on my gown waxed and waned with every step, a celestial dance of wonder. Nam had commissioned this dress for me to ensure I stood out.

My gown featured a daring plunging neckline, accentuating my graceful neck and shoulders, and the back dipped into a deep V, revealing just a hint of my spine. I felt as though I were draped in the secrets of the cosmos.

With each step, I exuded an aura of confidence and allure, my gown's fabric whispering secrets in the language of constellations. As I moved through the room, the guests turned their heads, their gazes drawn to me like planets to the sun. The hum of admiration and astonishment filled the air, blending seamlessly with the intoxicating music.

However, a young boy came rushing towards me, causing curious furrows on the faces of the attendees. I remembered that boy. His name was Saif.

Saif beamed at me, utterly captivated by my dress. He regarded it as the finest attire at the party and even jumped for joy, wanting me to pick him up. Yet, how could I, with this dress? I couldn't simply carry a child, even though he was still small.

"Saif, come here," Freen's voice resounded over the music.

The music abruptly ceased, and every eye in the room was now on us. It felt awkward, as though Saif were our child, and Freen had hidden him from me, though that was far from the truth.

Indeed, Saif was Freen's child.

Saif lowered his head and walked toward his mother with slumped shoulders. Freen gestured for everyone to continue the party and offered an apology for the scene.

I didn't understand. Was I late? Why had everyone started the party without me?

"You're late," NuNew said as he approached me, holding a glass of wine. "The speech already concluded. That little boy is Freen's child."

"I don't care," I replied, even though I was genuinely curious.

"I thought you were curious. You gazed at them with such curiosity in your eyes," he chuckled and shrugged. "Anyway, you're with us at Table 19."

NuNew led the way, and I followed. There, I saw Non and other artists from the company. Some were new faces, and I didn't recognize them. I had been preoccupied with filming and photoshoots.

"It seems that the boy likes you," Non remarked, chuckling.

"I noticed that too. When Freen introduced him a while ago, he looked heartbroken. I think Freen is a strict mother," NuNew commented.

"But he didn't smile at us either. However, when Becky arrived, he immediately beamed and ran towards her." Non gazed at me. "Have you met the boy already?"

I nodded slowly, and the two sat up straight, eagerly waiting for my story.

"I saw him in the parking lot. He was running, and there was a car, so I saved him from being hit. Happy?" I rolled my eyes.

But was that really the reason why Saif looked at me that way? How could he gift me a locket when we had only met earlier that day? Was it an expression of gratitude?

The party continued, and I grew bored, so I decided to step outside for some fresh air. I looked up at the moon and sighed.

Why were things becoming more complex little by little? Why did I feel this way now?

"You came," a young boy's voice called out, so I looked down to see Saif once more.

"Of course, it's your mother's party, and I was invited," I said, smiling at him and gently tousling his hair.

"Thank you," Saif said, holding my hand and gazing at the stars. "If it weren't for you, my mom might have become one of the stars already."

Although he couldn't articulate himself well, I understood him clearly. But the true meaning behind his words remained elusive.

"Is your mom really Freen?" I asked.

Saif smiled and nodded. "Why? Do you want to be my mom too? I'm okay with that." He flashed his adorable smile, making me smile in return.

"You can't have two moms. You have a father," I said.

"I wish my father was a father to me," Saif pouted, then looked at me. "Can you wait for me?"

"For what?"

"I want to marry you when I grow up."

I chuckled at Saif's words. It was difficult to believe that this came from a three-year-old boy.

"Saif!"