Chapter 54

During the party and fan meeting, Nam advised me not to distance myself from Non too much because it had become a topic of curiosity for everyone. Some of them had even concluded that things had been awkward since that confession, which was undeniably true.

However, I also desired to keep my distance from everyone. I longed for solitude, but the demands of work and professionalism held me back.

As we stood there, waving goodbye to our fans, the host announced that the CEO would be delivering her closing remarks. Non put his arm around my waist as we posed for a picture. I forced myself to act normal, but I couldn't wait to escape the crowd's touch.

However, when Freen joined us, she positioned herself between Non and me, prompting him to remove his hand. Freen smiled at us before expressing her gratitude for the success of our recent series and thanking our fans.

After the event, I asked Nam to accompany me home because I couldn't face it alone anymore. I was still scared, even though Freen had caught the guy and filed a harassment case with the help of the security cameras. But as long as I had Nam with me, I felt safe enough.

"Tomorrow is your day off, Becky. You should rest and avoid going to public places, okay?" Nam reminded me as we reached my apartment.

"Noted. Thank you for today," I replied with a grateful smile.

"Now, rest. I have to go to the CEO's office." Nam waited for me to enter before she finally headed home.

As I entered my condo unit, I spotted a silhouette sitting on the couch, causing my heart to skip a beat for a moment.

I flicked on the lights and felt relieved to see Freen.

"You scared me half to death. Could you please give me a heads-up next time you come over so I can be prepared?" I rolled my eyes and placed my handbag on the coffee table.

"We need to talk," Freen declared.

"We are talking, Freen. Just tell me what's on your mind," I sighed, sinking into the couch beside her.

"I want to divorce Saint. And I want to marry you instead," she announced.

My eyes widened, and I turned to look at her. "So soon?" I asked. "I thought you wanted to finish the movie first and then—"

"I don't want to wait any longer, Becky. I'm not that patient," Freen said with determination. "I want to introduce you to my parents and discuss my divorce with them."

"Are you prepared to defy them now?" I asked. "You love them so much, Freen."

"I'm a grown woman, Becky. I want to make my own choices. If I have to choose between you and anyone else, I choose you," Freen said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I'm ready to fight for us."

I smiled at her.

I understood her now. Knowing the reason why she left me before, I was willing to fight for her even if it meant choosing between her and my career. Becoming a celebrity had been my dream, but being with her was like a dream come true.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Freen asked when she noticed my mesmerized expression.

"Isn't it funny how some people think a sunset is the most beautiful thing on Earth?" I whispered. "Maybe they haven't seen you."

"Really, Bec?" Freen chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Stop making me want you even more."

"Did I make your heart race?" I chuckled.

"You always do, my love." Freen kissed my lips, and we both giggled.

I looked into Freen's eyes, and she paused for a moment. She licked her lips and sighed.

"Marry me, Becky. I'll do anything for you if you say yes," she said sincerely, gazing at me as if she were willing to risk it all.

"I'll marry you once everything is settled, once you're divorced from him. I'll wait for you, Freen. And yes, I'll marry you." I smiled.

"Tomorrow, I asked Nam to clear your schedule. I'll take you to meet my parents. I want them to meet you," Freen said, caressing my hair and hugging me tightly.