Chapter 61

"You look positively radiant today," Nam teased as she observed me getting ready for the meeting. "What happened last night?"

"Last night? I attended a party, that's all," I giggled and focused on applying my makeup.

"Why does it feel like you're eagerly anticipating this meeting? It's just a regular company gathering, Becky. You've attended many of these," Nam reminded me.

I chuckled and paused for a moment to turn toward her. "Not all, Nam. Not all."

Nam grinned and watched me intently, which made it hard for me to concentrate on applying my mascara.

"You met someone last night, and now you're looking forward to seeing them at the company today," Nam guessed, but I shook my head.

"Quit guessing, Nam," I stood up straight and looked at her.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone for a while. Focus on your light makeup," Nam giggled and left my room.

Suddenly, an unknown number messaged my phone, causing my brows to furrow. The message read, "See me after the meeting."

I smirked and chuckled when I realized who it was. I think Freen had figured it out. Or perhaps it was Saif? But a three-year-old couldn't type like that. He couldn't even speak properly.

After preparing, I signaled for Nam to follow me as we headed to the company building. Everyone was already present, except for Freen and me. Thankfully, I wasn't too late.

"Alright, let's begin," Freen's voice echoed as she entered the conference room.

The meeting started, and we discussed the projects we needed to complete this year. It went smoothly, and everyone started packing up their things.

"Up for some coffee?" Non asked, smiling at me. Was he the one who messaged me? But I hadn't deleted his number. Why would he use a different number to contact me?

Freen cleared her throat, making us turn our attention to her. I was surprised to see her walking toward us.

"Ms. Armstrong, come with me to my office. I have something important to discuss," she said as she walked past us.

"Is she being too harsh with you?" Non inquired innocently, causing me to chuckle. Perhaps he thought Freen was being unjust due to my past actions.

"No, she's just strict at times," I replied. "Anyway, let's grab coffee another time. I need to follow her to her office."

I grabbed my purse and followed Freen into her office. I knocked three times before turning the knob. I saw her standing by the glass window, gazing at the bustling city.

"Lock the door," she instructed.

"Why?" I asked as I began to lock it.

"Just do it," she said.

I locked the door, and it made a click. Freen turned to face me with her arms crossed. She walked closer, examining me from head to toe.

"Do you remember what you said last night?" she asked.

"Yes, why?" I responded.

"I thought you were just saying it because you were drunk," Freen turned around, but I reached out to grab her hand and turned her to face me. "What?"

"Can you tell me what your question is? Did I answer it?" I asked.

Freen sighed and removed my hand from hers. She walked to her desk, sinking into her swivel chair and closing her eyes, then sighed.

"Why did you call me in here?" I inquired, still perplexed.

"I didn't want to see you go out with Non," she said as she opened her eyes to look at me. "Believe it or not, he's your stalker, Becky."

My eyes widened at her revelation. I took a seat and asked her for more details. She handed me an envelope, and I opened it to find the evidence.

The pictures were taken by him, and the recordings were from his phone. He had a connection with Saint, which explained how he had skyrocketed to fame overnight.

"Non and Saint were connected? Are they involved romantically as well?" I asked.

Freen shook her head. "Non has feelings for you, Becky. He did this to blackmail you and manipulate you by pretending to be kind. He knew he couldn't ruin me, so he used you. He wanted you to become dependent on him, so you wouldn't reject him."

"How do you know all of this?" I asked again.

"Saint's secretary, Zee. He provided me with all the details," she replied.

"Zee?" I stood up from my seat. "Where is he now?" I asked.

"He passed away. Weren't you aware?" Freen asked. "Car accident."

I was taken aback by the revelation. The reason Irin couldn't find him was that he was already six feet under.

"I need to go home," I said.

"Wait, Becky," Freen stopped me for a moment. She got up and walked toward me. She planted a soft and delicate kiss on my forehead. "I didn't finish my thought when I said 'thank you for not staying.' Thank you for not staying, because those five years were the most chaotic of my life. I didn't want to drag you into it. So please, this time, take care of yourself. I don't know what I would do if I lost you a second time."

a/n: Enjoy my updates for now since I'm going to be busy next week again HAHAHA. Enjoy reading, vivies!